Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I used to be so independent

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 16 Replies

But now I feel lost when my DH isn't here. Its hard for me to take care of a 2.5 year old all day long alone. We go to playgroups and its great but I didn't grow up in a nurturing household and I struggle with that being a mom myself.

I'm sure this is just the hormones talking because I don't always feel so down on myself. But I do feel lost and lonely when DH isn't around.

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:08 PM

i know exactly how you feel. i used to get out and do things with my kids. travel, etc. but now that i have gotten older and my depression and anxiety have gotten worse i tend to stay inside and not do the things i used to do. i used to drive anywhere but now i will only drive near home. i try to get out some and go places that are close but i do alot better when my husband is here with me and i dont have that right now.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to be independent too. It can be hard! I wa not meant to be home all day with small kids and no friends

KRIZZ25
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:38 PM
i don't have a hub or so i feel same way all the time ..
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM

That's how I feel too.

Quoting Tracys2:

I used to be independent too. It can be hard! I wa not meant to be home all day with small kids and no friends

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry mama. I feel the same way. Me and dh fight sometimes, but I feel so much better when he's here, even if he's not really doing anything to help out just his presence helps me. I think that's par for the course with depression, at least I've always been under that impression. I don't like to be alone, ever, though when I'm in a major funk, i DO isolate, but it's still nice knowing he's here.

nai_ryoku
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate it cuz I used to work and now I struggle to even keep my house in order to where the average woman would say it was a mess! Lol But I taught myself to crochet. I'm not amazing but I've learned a few tricks and I've started an etsy shop and it's given me a fulfilling feeling. Haven't sold anything yet but it's mine and I'm quite happy with it.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:36 PM

That's how I feel as well, even if we do argue, its still better than not having him here.

Quoting ashleighmama:

I'm sorry mama. I feel the same way. Me and dh fight sometimes, but I feel so much better when he's here, even if he's not really doing anything to help out just his presence helps me. I think that's par for the course with depression, at least I've always been under that impression. I don't like to be alone, ever, though when I'm in a major funk, i DO isolate, but it's still nice knowing he's here.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Thanks!  My life was a lot different too before having kids, and then before having my youngest, my oldest went to live with his dad because I was in and out of the hospital and not very stable. It was the hardest thing I had to do. And it felt like I wasn't a parent anymore. A lot of those memories are coming back now because this was the age my oldest was when he had to go live with his dad. When I stablized or at least got a bit better, and even now he restricts my time with my oldest.

Quoting flowrsgalore:

Give yourself credit for the good things you do as a mom everyday with your son. He probably has no idea that you are struggling, he's just glad we gets to spend his days with his mom. You have so much you are responsible for caring for an active toddler.  It scares me a bit to how little things can throw me now.  I can't really tell if I'm functioning worse or if its just because the stuff I do  now as a sahm is so different from life before having my dd.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I taught myself how to make jewelry. Didn't sell anything on etsy even though I tried but I ended up selling it all at a local shop. Maybe you can try that.

Quoting nai_ryoku:

I hate it cuz I used to work and now I struggle to even keep my house in order to where the average woman would say it was a mess! Lol But I taught myself to crochet. I'm not amazing but I've learned a few tricks and I've started an etsy shop and it's given me a fulfilling feeling. Haven't sold anything yet but it's mine and I'm quite happy with it.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Well, we both feel the same way, I guess th equestions is "What do we do about it"? lol

Quoting matreshka:

That's how I feel as well, even if we do argue, its still better than not having him here.

Quoting ashleighmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)