Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Concerning my daughter...(sort of long, sorry)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

My daughter was diagnosed with child depression a few months ago. Her therapist and we decided that therapy would be enough. Her behavior and attitude is something to be spoken for. She has very low self esteem and confidence, despite our efforts in trying to raise them. Her repore with friends is off and on. Now one of her "friends" moms says that she has "issues" which, let's face it, she does, but our daughter doesn't think so. As angry as this first made me, I had to really think about it...would I want to be friends with my daughter with the way she treats people? No I wouldn't. She's bossy, rude, and moody. That's not all she is, but those are the traits she tends to sport the most. She is also, caring, generous, loving, and so many other wonderful things...it just gets pushed aside because of these negative traits that tend to shine through. I'm trying to get her to open up and share her feelings because she has a tendency to bottle them up and explode when she gets angry. It's really scary to see sometimes because I see me when I see her act like this. I don't want her to be like me if I can help it. I also feel as though I'm, in part, to blame because I didn't get help for all of my issues before I had children. Hell I wasn't even diagnosed with Bipolar2, anxiety, Borderline Personality Disorder until about 3 years ago. I know we need to talk to her therapist about this and I intend to at her next appointment. I just don't know how to help my daughter anymore than that and I feel helpless...

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:01 PM

its understandable that you would feel helpless at this point. i would discuss these issues with her therapist and see if they can give you some tips on dealing with it. good luck.

Monkeymama930
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Just keep doing what your doing.  You have taken a big step just taking her to see someone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN