Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I'm spiraling back down

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I think I'm heading for another break down. I'm spiraling back into another deep depression and idk what to do. I think part of the reason it came on is because I've been sick and I've been in the house for a week. And I'm lonely; I just want my dh to hold me I feel like shit and I'm in pain but he works a lot, late hours and he either falls asleep on the couch or he's mad at me or has had a bad day and doesn't want me to touch him. I've got so much shit to do in the house and with the kids and I just don't feel like doing it. I still have to take 800mg of ibuprofen around the clock just so I can function through this pain. I've got days of invoicing I have to do, and the plan was to get me out of doing paper work but somehow it's been put back on me. Now I'm goig to be stuck in the house more doing that, and sitting around the house is not good for me. But I have to do it. My dh needs me. He's got so much going on right now with the business and the addition. I feel like such a failure of a wife because I can't handle any type of pressure or stress and I freak out when I get overwhelmed. I can't even handle taking care of the kids by myself. I should be able to help more and not feel like I'm going to loose my mind. I'm more of a burden then anything
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Youre not a burden mama, you said so yourself that youve been sick. I know being cooped up in the house isnt good, you need to take a break and get out, even if just for a little bit. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM

are you taking anything for depression or anxiety? you might want to contact your dr if youre not. also you need some free time on your own to get out. can you go out shopping or to the park or something? it sounds like you have cabin fever. you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone or anything else. you sound like you have alot on you. maybe explain to your husband that you need a little help in one way or another whether that be with the kids or the business. i hope everything works out for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I was working in the office until a couple months ago and finally hit my breaking point; I was was doing a 2 person job and bring work home with me and picking the kids up from school, taking care of them and the house. I couldn't handle it. Dh finally got some one else to take over so I could concentrate on the house and kids. I haven't had time to get into a routine of doing things that I like or just normal every day things because of taxes and other things have been keeping me busy. The invoicing I'm doing now is just bookkeeping our accountant wants me to do, they have already been billed out. But doing that takes away any chance of me having me time. And school will be out soon and all 4 kids will be home. I just don't have enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done. I'm just so busy taking care of what dh needs me to do and the kids and the house I don't have time to find out what I need to do to make me better and to figure out what I like to do. I haven't even had time to fall into a routine. And I know I need to make time for myself and I do by taking naps sometimes but I need more then that, I just can't get it right now.
And I am on meds and I go in regularly for med checks
marney.p
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Can you put the kids in after care and work on the tax stuff. Do you know anyone who could watch your kids for a few hours so you could do the taxes. Thinking about doing taxes is more stressful than just doing them. In my past experience. Could the older kids help out. Make sandwiches, empty dishwasher etc.Make the other kids snacks etc.  I trained my boys to help out really early. As I had alot of paper work to do when they were young. You dont have to be the perfect parent all the time. Give your self a break. I would let the house get messy if I had major paper work to do, and when it was done we as a family would have a big clean up. Could you hire a local teenager to come and do some babysitting with the kids and get them all organised for the next day, while you do paper work. This would not be very expensive and if there is any big problems you will just be in another room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)