Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Depression or just normal stress?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

So my life has been crappy lately, getting worse all the time, mostly from financial issues, but some other things too. Can't pay the rent, might get evicted, too many hours at work, not enough pay, my dd has been having medical issues and trying to find drs and get time off from work is a real pain.....

But I have suffered from depression in the past and I am not on any meds right now, and not seeing a dr. I have been very, very tired lately, very irritable, feeling like nobody cares about me, like I have no friends(I think there is some truth to that one). Some days it is a major struggle to get up and go to work, and just forget about cooking and cleaning when I get home. I am too tired to do it, and have no motivation. All I ever care about doing when I'm not working is browse on CM or play games on fb. I get bored trying to read or watch tv. I'm tired all the time but I go to sleep late and sometimes I wake up early. Other days I sleep late, but regardless I never feel like getting up. So how do I know if this is just stress or if my depression is coming back? Maybe it's dysthmia? And then if it is coming back that's one more stressor bc I don't know I can make time for one more appointment, and my job just hates it when I ask to get off early. Lots of people are taking vacation time now and they don't want to give another person time off if someone else is already out.

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Sorry youre having to deal with this mama. It sounds like it may be both. It sounds like the depression isnt horrible yet, but you dont want it to get out of control either. I would see the dr., but thats just me. Hugs mama :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

i think you are dealing with situational depression. meaning it is being caused by the situations you are going through in your life. is there anyway you can get some of the stressors off of you? counseling would be a good thing for you. if you cant afford it call 211 and ask for what they have available in your area for mental health. sometimes you can get on a sliding scale and it is based on your pay. you need someone to talk to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I feel the same way about the support part.  If I could just vent to one person that would listen it would ease my stress.  Good luck mama...wish I knew you in real life.

lancet98
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM

From your description, it sounds like depression.

Dysthymia a usually chronic low level of depression.   A person with dysthymia can aso 'double dip' - get a more severe depression, and then gradually go back to their original level of depression.

Sounds like you're depressed and stressed both.

Monkeymama930
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Exactly! Good luck.

And if you have a pcp he/she could phone in a script until you can see someone.

Quoting lyrick24:

i think you are dealing with situational depression. meaning it is being caused by the situations you are going through in your life. is there anyway you can get some of the stressors off of you? counseling would be a good thing for you. if you cant afford it call 211 and ask for what they have available in your area for mental health. sometimes you can get on a sliding scale and it is based on your pay. you need someone to talk to.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pce68
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I doubt I can get rid of any stress right now, but as soon as I have enough money for my copay I am going to go back to my dr and get a new prescription for prozac or something similar. And I may call the mental health center and see about seeing a therapist. I coud see a dr there too but sometimes it takes a while to get an appt with the dr.

Quoting Monkeymama930:

Exactly! Good luck.

And if you have a pcp he/she could phone in a script until you can see someone.

Quoting lyrick24:

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Stress can trigger depression, and you do have a lot to be stressed about.

Rosebud333776
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM
It sounds like stress. that has "turned" into depression
You r important . Please make an appt without worrying abt taking time off from work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)