Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I am 41 freakin years old and...

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM
  • 7 Replies
Its 11:30 at night and Im up stressing because we are going to the mall tomorrow, THE FREAKIN MALL! To most people it would be no big deal, they may even look forward to it, but me? I gotta stress about it. Me and my boys, 8 and 14, are gonna drive to my parents house and then my moms coming with us so she will drive us all to the mall. The mall is past her house, thats why we are going there instead of her coming this way. Ds, 14, saved up $90 from his birthday money to go to the mall and get a skateboard, so I HAVE to go. He doesnt know Im having this anxiety tonight. It just pisses me off that Im 41 years old and Im stressing about going to the effin mall with my mom and my boys! I feel so stupid. Its about 45 minutes away, plus I hate being around a lot of people, argh! Ok, thanks for letting me vent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tracys2
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Go ahead. I was shaking most of yesterday with going to lunch and a play with 3 ladies from church and our kids, then having 3 kids over for a couple hours. Don't know when I'll recover.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM

i  used to feel like that alot. but the more i got out the less i felt that way. do you have anything for anxiety that you can take before you go? practice some deep breathing.take it easy and look at it as a positive experience. i hope things work out for you.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I'd probably be freaking out too. The mall is hot and stuffy with too many people in it.

Tatiana7
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:31 PM
My suggestion is to try to go early. Less crowds. I do understand what your saying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeachLifeMama
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:13 PM

The only thing I get worry going to the mall is driving around the traffic. I got car accident coming out of the mall and ever since it's kinda freaking me out that someone is going to hit. 

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I know our mall can be real stressful because all the crowds. I hope you had a good time. let us know how it went.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nai_ryoku
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Our closest mall is about that far away too. You should never feel stupid over what your anxious about. Here's something stupid: we quit having cable and had been watching Netflix. Well, my husband's Xbox Live acct got suspended until he could pay for his membership and so we were stuck watching network channels and it had been so long since I had watched live tv, I started having panic attacks during commercials! Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)