Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Anxiety/Valium?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM
  • 7 Replies

Does anyone else use Valium to manage their anxiety? I do and I never know until it's too late when to use it. How do you ladies manage it?

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

i take klonopin for my anxiety but i take it as a scheduled dose throughout the day so that i dont get that panicky feeling and then have to take it. are you taking it on a routine schedule or are you just taking it when your anxiety comes on. i would talk to my dr about putting me on it at certain times of the day so that the panic never comes on.

mrsraygyar
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I'm on it "as needed" but it's always just too late when I take it. Last week I was taking a final, and suddenly I was having chest pains and feeling panicky. I had to rush my test and didn't do as well as I could have. I think it may be time for me to take it on a schedule. I need to do something different, that's for sure. 

KristenFowles
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I used Xanax..  It worked.  But I realized my  memory would be slightly foggy.. I choose not to take it now..

So I use non medicated forms of easing anxiety.. What seems to work best is just looking at my surroundings and naming EVERY single thing I see around me until my heart no longer feels as though it's going to leap from my chest.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I take Valium and its scheduled throughout the day. I take one after driving my DH to work in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.

Have you talked to your doc about it? If its as needed I would take it at the first sign of stress, like clenching your jaw or something like that.

mrsraygyar
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Thanks everyone :)

BeachLifeMama
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:21 PM

No but my Dr prescribed me Hydroxyzine for my anxiety and allergy. I been on for 2 weeks and no side effects except for making me sleepy. 

mrsraygyar
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Update....I've been taking my valium every morning with my citalopram and it's been a miracle. I'm a little more drowsy than I'd like but it's nothing that a little caffeine can't fix :). It's been a really good week, and I've even felt like playing the kids and going out. Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. It's very much appreciated. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)