Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

i feel like such a failure!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:31 AM
  • 8 Replies
i just started back at school. i am going to become a teacher. well we have only had 2 classes so far and i missed one so i could go to ds first ever tball game. now i may need to miss more or drop out completely cause i cant find a sitter who can take my 3 kids to the games on the days i have class. i dont want to tell ds he cant go on those days. that doesnt seem fair to him or his team. i just feel like a failure as a mom, a student, and a person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Can you take online classes?
bahamamama61
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Can one of the T-Ball mothers pick him up for the games?:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:54 AM

are you taking classes online? is there anyway you can take your computer with you and do your work while he is playing his games? or maybe he can catch a ride with a friend or have the coach come and pick him up and you can get your work done. i know you dont want to miss his games but sometimes we have to give up some things in order to get some things. it wont last forever.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I would see if you could maybe switch to online classes.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Switch to online classes are try to find a carpool for your son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Did you know about the tball games before your started school?
mommy06and09
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM
kind of. his practices were on wednesday but they ended. i had assumed the games would be on the weekends or maybe a friday so i got a wednesday class. i cant realistically do online because the only reliable internet i have is the library or my phone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you know about the tball games before your started school?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nai_ryoku
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:02 AM

It's so easy to be hard on ourselves. I'm glad that I have the excuse that I don't have a sitter for my two year old so I can't go w/ my two other kids on their field trips. That seems to be an acceptable reason to them rather than me saying that I just don't want to. I hate that I am that way but there's the combination of not wanting to leave the house and having anxieties. It sucks that they have a mom like that but at the same time, I can't focus on that part and am focusing more on the fact that I've made it possible for them to go and they're gonna have an exciting time. You becoming a teacher is important to your son for supporting him financially. Don't feel bad about putting that first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)