Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

why is money always stressing me out?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 7 Replies
we have enough in the bank. we aren't rich by any means but we don't spend more than we earn. I am totally frugal so why does fear of not having enough money take over my life?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
childofGod995
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

perhaps there was a time in your life when you did struggle and you are afraid that things may become that way again.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Quoting childofGod995:

perhaps there was a time in your life when you did struggle and you are afraid that things may become that way again.

agreed.

butterbean491
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I do the same. I guess I've always been that way. There was a time, before I met my husband, that I honestly had to stretch every penny. I would buy certain food because it was cheap and would last forever. Now, I don't have to do that, but still worry. I guess once you've been in a situation where you have to worry then it kinda sticks with you. My husband will fuss at me because I will find something I would like to have but won't buy it even though we have the money.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

There was. And I am afraid of ever being in a shelter again.

Quoting childofGod995:

snookyfritz
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Don't know.  Did something happen in the past

I know that right now, I am stressed for a completely different money reason.  This past year and a half have been troubles of biblical proportions for us.  Everything that could possibly happen did.  We lost 3 cars in 9 months

Monkeymama930
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Im that way with food when I was a kid I was abused and made to eat cat food so now I have this thing about always having food in my house for me and my son. And no matter how much food I have I'm always afraid of not having enough.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 28, 2013 at 10:14 PM

because society has us terrified of not having enough money when we retire, when crisis hits, when markets crash. . .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)