Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I've been really anxious about work

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

My friend and co-worker is going on maternity leave in less than three weeks, and I am covering her job (on top of my own job) and I am terrified of screwing it up! We've been training off and on for the last few weeks, but these next few weeks we're really getting down to the wire, so we've really been focusing on getting me trained. Her job is one of the most complicated ones in the entire company, and I'm afraid that I won't get it or the information will never sink in. I'm really hoping the she doesn't go into labor early because there's still soooo much to learn! I've been shadowing her, taking notes, and I've even done a few things on my own in the last few days.

Deeeeeep breaths.... I can do this. ...

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:27 PM
You can do this mama! You wouldnt have been chosen to take her place if she or the higher ups thought you couldnt do it. And dont forget to give yourself a tiny bit of room for error, nobodys perfect. Good luck and hugs to you :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:08 AM

i understand you having anxiety over this. its good you are taking notes but i think they wouldnt have gotten you to do this job if they did not think you could do it. you are a smart girl and i think you will do fine. hang in there and have a positive attitude about it.

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM

thanks girls! I really appreciate the support from this group!

snookyfritz
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:14 AM

You can do this!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM

You can do it. Once you get into the swing of doing it on your own I'm sure it will go fine. They wouldn't have picked you if they didn't think you could do it.

MommysTimeOut5
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:56 PM

YES U CAN do it. If you couldn't then they would have had someone else do it. Get those nervous bubbles out of your tummy and remain positive and confident

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN