Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

what methods do you use?

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM
  • 18 Replies
I get depressed and i got no one to talk to what methods do you guys use help? I was wondering does anyone use a journal...i wanted to try it but get your opinions and what methods you use first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pixiemaid
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I journal and post online
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

journaling is a good thing. talk to us on here. go see a therapist.

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I have before, and I feel like it does help
mandaboo99
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes music helps :) I read a lot, getting outside,watching tv,cleaning, and honestly my kids have a nintendo DS, I love playing lego Harry Potter on it, I find that distraction is great!!  It all really depends on what triggers the depression. I have ocd so I have about a million triggers, thats why I found the video game worked the best for me. good luck xo

Quoting sheenabby09:

I get depressed and i got no one to talk to what methods do you guys use help? I was wondering does anyone use a journal...i wanted to try it but get your opinions and what methods you use first.

Serenity7
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My medication helps me. I also listen to music

snookyfritz
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I journal, but I also talk to my inner child.  Soothing her and telling her that I am here and that everything is ok. 

happydays62
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I would use  a journal at first  then I would miss place it .  And I would not remember where it was .  So  I  gave that up . I  then would feel someone that  would listen to me.  Either a friend , or  professial help  to help me through so that  I don't harm my-self, or others. 

happydays62
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

And I listen to some music to com me down .  I hope that this helps you out some.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I do journal and it helps get my thoughts out and makes me feel better. I also go for walks, go to therapy and DBT classes.

sheenabby09
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM
That's how i feel. I tried it last nite. I used to always write in one when i was in high school.

Quoting flowrsgalore:

Journaling is good, I usually do it a night when I can't sleep & worry thoughts are bugging me.  It sort of lets me put it on paper & then be done with it.  I kind of wear myself out with my thoughts then move on to a book.  I miss a lot of sleep doing these things, but it's better than lying there awake trying to make the thoughts go away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)