Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Struggling to hang on

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:58 AM
  • 7 Replies
Sorry for all of the pitty party posts lately. I really struggling to keep things normal and to be able to hang on the best I can. I am trying to be the best mom, wife, and daughter that I can be. I just don't know how much longer I can hang on like this. Yes we are living with my parents right now due to circumstances I know I don't have much say in anything that happens. But I am seriously tired of having everything questioned. My mom came out to our living room to iChat (yes we have 2) to see if me and my fiancé were "having an argument". When I said no she said "we'll I can hear you guys clearly through a closed door". Ok well a lot of things can be heard clearly through the doors here they aren't exactly sound proof and when there is zero other noise in the house yes you are going to hear a lot more. So that just put more stress on me then what I needed. Other things I have heard the last few weeks from one parent or the other. "The shusher (white noise from our phone or swing) is to loud I can hear it through closed doors" "there's no cereal left (when none of us eat the kind that was mentioned)" "you should take him to the doctor (he had spit up)" "what took so long that wasn't real quick" "the baby kept me up all night" "are you sure he is alright" "you need to lay him down more and not hold him so much". I jus so done having everything brought into question. Since my son was born I have felt like I have needed to keep him as silent as possible at night because of how my mom has been acting. When we had my daughter she never said anything about her crying at night but this time that's almost all I hear about. When we were trying to figure out why Leo was so cranky and not sleeping or doing anything (much of it being prompted by my mom some of it by us) my dad actually says "se of it is just normal new born stuff" I know it's mom that apparently doesn't. My mom questions either what I say or what df says about our dd and what needs to happen or does happen with her. I just need a break from everyone and everything but that just isn't gona happen. I am struggling hard to keep peace and not cause major fights (even small things can cause a huge fight) so to itchy wih mom coming and asking if we are arguing just iced the cake for me. We were seriously just talking in our normal voices actually a little lower since the living room is right next to dds room.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:56 AM

im so sorry! hugs!

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I'm sorry! I live with my parents, too, but thankfully they don't butt into my business very often. Try not to take it personally, maybe your mom was just concerned about you and your df.

snookyfritz
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I'm sorry that you are going through a rough patch.  Is this a change in attitude with your mom?  Do you think she might be hinting that she wants you guys to move?  That kind of stress is just so hard on young couples

Serenity7
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

(((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

childofGod995
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM

is there no way you can get on asstistance find an income based apartment and not have to deal with all that stresss.

lexismom90
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Not really am attitude change she has always been like this toward me and my sister.

Quoting snookyfritz:

I'm sorry that you are going through a rough patch.  Is this a change in attitude with your mom?  Do you think she might be hinting that she wants you guys to move?  That kind of stress is just so hard on young couples

lexismom90
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM
We don't have an income right now. We are on what assistance we can qualify for but until we have an income of our own again we are kind of stuck. And even once we do have an income of our own we need to pay off some of our debt first and all of the waiting lists around town are at least a year long some places longer. I just hope we can get a job soon and hope the waiting lists aren't as bad as we think or hopefully once we have jobs again we can rent a place from my grandparents since they have a lot of open properties.

Quoting childofGod995:

is there no way you can get on asstistance find an income based apartment and not have to deal with all that stresss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN