Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Really want a friend

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

I wish there was someone around my age 49 that has anxiety, social anxiety and depression that could be my friend. I also have low self esteem. I just want to be able to talk to someone who understands. It's hard to find someone in my limited circle with my social anxiety, and the fact that people aren't out there telling everyone if they have depression too. I'm a great listener, patient understanding and usually near my computer and always have my phone with me for texts or even phone calls.  I have 5 kids, 3 young adult girls and 2 boys age 13 and 11. The youngest one has autism. I love sending inspirational quotes as well, to send smiles. I am in Washington state so in the pacific time zone. This is mortifying to be putting out a want ad for a friend. But it's worth it if I can support someone and have the same in return. Please don't laugh at me, I just want someone in my life who cares AND understands. Thinking positive:)

reading

by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM

hello. my name is melissa and i am 47 years old. i have bipolar disorder mostly the depressive side of it and anxiety. i dont know much about social anxiety but i am willing to learn. i have three grown kids 22, 25, 30. i have six grandchildren. i dont have any friends either. i would love to chat with you. im on the computer most of the time and am a friendly and caring person. i dont think you are stupid for asking for a friend. if you want to be friends just message me!

dragnet
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM

dear sadmom

id be happy to be your friend...we just cant complain all the time...if we could try to find things to make us feel better..cuz we have to get better...you have more to carry at this point...what about an autism support group? the probably have many of the same issues...

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Sorry I had to laugh at your comment about if being mortifying, because you hit the nail on the head. It's so hard to put yourself out there, but you did it.  I'll send you a friend request on this site, but I'll admit I'm trying harder to spend less time on this computer, because I feel like it keeps me from real life. I know they have these girlfriend sites & meetup sites where people with similar interests actually do stuff together. I think it's pretty cool but honeslty lack the braveness to actually sign up.

http://friendship.about.com/od/Meeting-New-Friends/p/Girlfriend-Social.htm

**edit** Not laughing at you at all.  Hope that original didn't come off wrong, not my intentembarrassed mini

Quoting Sadmom18025:

This is mortifying to be putting out a want ad for a friend. But it's worth it if I can support someone and have the same in return. Please don't laugh at me, I just want someone in my life who cares AND understands. Thinking positive:)

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

No one here will laugh at you or judge you we all understand. I am 35 live in MA and have 2 boys 8 and 2.5

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I am in WA too :-) Where are you? My name is Leah and I have a 13 year old girl. I have depression and anxiety and don't have a lot of friends myself.

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:30 PM
My name is Danielle and I don't think it's weird that you are trying to reach out and make friends on here. I am almost 36 with a twelve yr old boy and a seven year old girl. I have bipolar disorder but am mostly on the depressive end. I also suffer from anxiety and in the past have had social anxiety as well. I don't have too many friends and I don't feel comfortable sharing with many people that I am on disability for a mental condition. Most people don't understand unless they've experienced it first hand or known someone who has problems. I'd love to get to know you better. Pm me if you're interested.
snookyfritz
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM

We are here for you,  Stop by any time

Momreadyfor3rd
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM
You did a very brave thing, coming out and asking for friends! BRAVO my friend. You said a number of things that many of us women feel or can relate to. You're not alone my dear, hang in there. Be brave again and continue your quest on closer (in distance) friends. We're always here for you👭
Mommytoaangel
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Hey im a texter an i would luv to be ur freind im only 24 but i have social anxiety an anxiety add me as a freind an we can text as long as u would like an i also have 3 angels above
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vikkivengance
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I'm in Washington state too! I live in Federal Way...where abouts do you live? Anywys, I have BPD and anxiety and really don't have any friends either..it's hard to put yourself out there to find friends I get it that's why I don't have any lol! I have 3 young daughters 7, 4, and 2...as I am only 30 but we can still be friends if you want, I find I get along better with the older generation anyhow!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)