Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

What do you think is the biggest misconception about you?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:34 AM
  • 14 Replies

What do you think is the biggest misconception about you?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

that i am lazy. im not able to do much around the house because my legs give out so bad. and cleaning causes me to get overwhelmed. when i worked, before i got on disability i was a very, very hard worker and they used to tease me about how fast and thorough i was. but since i have been through a herniated disc in my back and kidney failure i am not like i used to be.

snookyfritz
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

That I am a super extroverted person.  I have a big personality, but I must be in strict control of any social situation that I am a part of. Just this past Sunday I hosed a First Communion at my church and I was welcoming and warm.  Then it was clean up time and too many people were around me and I started getting agitated.  That is when I quietly packed up my things and slipped out the door.

I can be very outgoing, when it's carefully controlled.  I do not do well when too many people are in my space and I am not in control.

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

That I'm a snobby bitch because I'm shy when I first meet people

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM

That I'm not trying as hard as I can. Good Post!

butterbean491
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Quoting leahbeah143:

People think that of me too. I can remember High School. I had a girl wanting to fight because she said I acted like I was better than everyone e lse. Thank goodness we didn't fight, but it did make me feel like crap. I have never felt that I was any better. I've always tried to be friendly, but sometimes my great ability to be antisocial gets the best of me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 8, 2013 at 11:29 AM

That I'm so lucky and everything always works out for me, HA. I am lucky in some ways, lucky that I have my beautiful children and husband but everything else is the result of choices. Friends chose to party, I chose family. I however am not so lucky in other ways that friends are but I try not to dwell on it because I have been down darker roads and know that it can always be worse so I am thankful for the life I have. 

That were rich. We're far far from rich, I just don't complain about how broke we really are, again it comes down to choices. I choose to spend our limited budget on our mortgage and vehicle. We don't spend money on clothes, we wear what we have until we can't wear it anymore and we don't buy very many extras, as we can't afford to, all our money goes to our house payment and student loans. So while are friends are spending on beer, the newest phones, nice clothes and shoes.... we have a nice house and car. They think were rich because our home when in reality they make more money than we do, they just choose to spend it poorly. 

mandaboo99
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Ditto :)

Quoting snookyfritz:

That I am a super extroverted person.  I have a big personality, but I must be in strict control of any social situation that I am a part of. Just this past Sunday I hosed a First Communion at my church and I was welcoming and warm.  Then it was clean up time and too many people were around me and I started getting agitated.  That is when I quietly packed up my things and slipped out the door.

I can be very outgoing, when it's carefully controlled.  I do not do well when too many people are in my space and I am not in control.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 6:29 PM

That because I stay to my self I am stuck up or don't care about people. I just have lots of trust issues.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on May. 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM
This exactly...

Quoting leahbeah143:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Izsarejman
by Kim on May. 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM

That because I'm an Avoidant I am lazy, unmotivated, shy, antisocial, weird and that I do this all on purpose. I don't want to be like this. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)