Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does your mental illness limit you?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 20 Replies

What are the things you wish you could do, but struggle with because of anxiety,depression, bipolar etc?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

work, take a shower, clean house, go out into the public, driving.

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 8, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Plan trips and outings but I'm too scared to make plans because I might have to bail on them

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on May. 8, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I agree with lyrick and leah, showering every day, making plans, going places, taking my boys out to do stuff, though sometimes I DO force myself to, visiting my parents even though they only live 20 minutes away, its WAY out of my comfort zone. So many things, I could probably name off 100. It prevents me from enjoying life, instead I trudge through each day knowing Im one more day closer to when I dont have to do this anymore (death).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Everything. Doing things with my kids and my dh. Going out, to stores and social settings, being around people. Cleaning. Anything that requires motivation. Getting up in the morning. Enjoying life.
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I use to get in the car and drive everywhere,now the thought of driving scares me to death. I use to get out a lot,now all I do is stay here.I even take online classes so I don't leave. I use to have friends but lost them after I was diagnosed.

payzlee
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Call a friend. Spend time with friends. Get groceries with out shaking all over.
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM
work, daily shower, friends, clean house, driving
Izsarejman
by Kim on May. 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I've been newly diagnosed with Avoidment Personality Disorder. The better question is what doesn't it limit me to? I never heard of this until my psychiatrist suggested it and she is 100% correct. I hate it. 

.lovemybebes.
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Shower on a regular basis, get dressed up, go outside with my kids, be around other people
sunangel803
by Angela on May. 9, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Driving, being around friends, and doing anything that requires motivation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)