Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When giving up is not an option

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 8 Replies
I've been in therapy since I was nine, on Meds since I was thirteen. I've even tried ect. Nothing works. I don't find much joy in life. At this point I've basically given up on things getting any better for me. I am always tired due to my Meds which doesn't help my depression any. I have a hard time getting out and meeting people. I also feel like I am failing as a wife and mother. Most days I feel so miserable that it's hard not to take it out on the people that I love and that just makes me feel worse. I'm tired of playing med Russian roulette. Here try this or try that and see how you feel. Most Meds make me feel worse not better. I hate myself and I hate my life. I can't work any more bc this emotional vampire I call bipolar disorder has taken over all aspects of my life and made it incredibly hard for me to function at home let alone in a workplace. I'm scared that eventually living for my kids and husband won't be enough and ill just end it all. Sorry for the long vent but you ladies have always been supportive of me.
by on May. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
childofGod995
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

the only thing i can suggest is to start reading the Bible and going to church. make some good friends with positive attitudes that would take you places that would lift your spirits up. you can look up things that help depression or you can join a mood disorder support group. now if you are serious about this, there is a 12 step Christ centered recovery group for anyone with any problem that hinders their walk with God. it is called Celebrate Recovery. http://www.celebraterecovery.com/. you might of heard about the movie lately that just came out, called Homerun. anyways, i have belonged to one of their recovery groups for 5 years and i suffer with depression and codependency mainly. i also have been known to suffer with anger and also adhd. it is in 1,000's of churches and jails and prisons all over the United States and over seas. i am like you; i have been on medication a good part of my life, but never did ect or would i ever do it. i wish you the best of luck and i hope things work out for the best for you.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:23 PM

(((HUGS))) It will get better.

dizzy77702
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I go to church regularly but it's like I'm just going through the motions. I don't feel god in my life and it's hard for me to believe and have faith when so much has gone wrong. Maybe when I'm in a better place ill be able to accept things more. But thanks for the advice.

Quoting childofGod995:

the only thing i can suggest is to start reading the Bible and going to church. make some good friends with positive attitudes that would take you places that would lift your spirits up. you can look up things that help depression or you can join a mood disorder support group. now if you are serious about this, there is a 12 step Christ centered recovery group for anyone with any problem that hinders their walk with God. it is called Celebrate Recovery. http://www.celebraterecovery.com/. you might of heard about the movie lately that just came out, called Homerun. anyways, i have belonged to one of their recovery groups for 5 years and i suffer with depression and codependency mainly. i also have been known to suffer with anger and also adhd. it is in 1,000's of churches and jails and prisons all over the United States and over seas. i am like you; i have been on medication a good part of my life, but never did ect or would i ever do it. i wish you the best of luck and i hope things work out for the best for you.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM

im sorry you cant seem to find the thing that will work for you. do try to stay active and do something like volunteer or  something. accept yourself as you are and if you need to lay down and take a nap everyday then do it. i have to do it. do the things you enjoy and dont try to be someones hero.

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 10, 2013 at 9:55 AM

*hugs*

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I could have written this post myself. I know exactly how it feels. If feel so stuck in a rut. My current medications are keeping me from going manic but I still struggle with depression and lethargy.

deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM

HUge hugs....

oscarsmom70
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Praying for you and sending you lots of hugs and encouragement!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)