Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Panic Attacks and Fear of being Possessed or Going Crazy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I was just wondering if anyone else suffers with anxiety and panic attacks? I keep,thinking that I' m going to be possessed or I'm going to be locked up in a hospital because I'm scared I'm going crazy. I know these fears are Irrational but I'm still scaed and I'm suffering a lot daily with panic attacks thinking about these crazy thoughts.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandaboo99
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM
2 moms liked this

You are going to be ok :) You should really make an appointment with your dr and talk to him or her about this. Intrusive thoughts dont mean you are crazy. I have OCD with intrusive thoughts, they got so bad a while ago I couldnt even function. I finally went to my dr and we are working on it. He gave me something for the panic attacks and we are treating the OCD. you are not alone message me if you need a chat. xo

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:11 AM
2 moms liked this

i think you need to see a psychiatrist and get something for the panic attacks. you do not have to live with these. you are not going crazy and they will not lock you up.

mamer12812
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

okay are you taking any meds? if not maybe you should look into trying to get on some because i have all that and i take meds and help a great deal so you should really look into it or talk to someone but i really recommend see someone and getting on a medication im on some to help me with that and helps so much i dont get anxiety or panic attacks very rearly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel like that alot. I'm scared to drive on the highway. I make my 66 yo mother drive! All because of my damn anxiety!! I hate it!!
SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes,I have had anxiety/panic attacks my whole life,just did not know what it was and was diagnosed 8yrs ago.  I have been seeing a psychiatrist for 8yrs and on meds since then.  I have suffered from intrusive thoughts,OCD,depression.  On xanax only right now and doing OK.  The feeling WILL pass,the feeling of losing control,going crazy.  For me talking it out helps,and lots of rest bc I get exhausted from being panicky.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I have panic attacks and anxiety. I also have PTSD among other things. I would suggest seeing a therapist and a psych doc. they wont put you in the hospital for trying to get help.  You can learn ways to manage the anxiety before it becomes a full blown panic attack.

mandaboo99
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM

It IS exhausting having panic attacks. They have me on Prozac for the intrusive thoughts.

how do you find the Xanax??

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Yes,I have had anxiety/panic attacks my whole life,just did not know what it was and was diagnosed 8yrs ago.  I have been seeing a psychiatrist for 8yrs and on meds since then.  I have suffered from intrusive thoughts,OCD,depression.  On xanax only right now and doing OK.  The feeling WILL pass,the feeling of losing control,going crazy.  For me talking it out helps,and lots of rest bc I get exhausted from being panicky.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Quoting mandaboo99:

It IS exhausting having panic attacks. They have me on Prozac for the intrusive thoughts.

Quoting SandyLaxner:

I find that xanax is the only thing that helps the panic/anxiety.  XR,and immediate release as needed.  I have never in 8yrs,found an anti-depressant that reduced my panic/anxiety.

mandaboo99
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM

My dr put me on clonazepam alongside the Prozac it helps with my anxiety

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Quoting mandaboo99:

Quoting SandyLaxner:

I find that xanax is the only thing that helps the panic/anxiety.  XR,and immediate release as needed.  I have never in 8yrs,found an anti-depressant that reduced my panic/anxiety.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Quoting mandaboo99:

My dr put me on clonazepam alongside the Prozac it helps with my anxiety

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Quoting mandaboo99:

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Oh yeah-it should-it is a Benzo-same family of drug as Xanax.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN