Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flashbacks...long*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Anyone experience flashbacks?   I had my worst one today,ever.The woman who were held by the monster in Cleveland.  I have been anxious with a migraine ever since this was found out.  But today,I heard a knocking sound outside,and I really thought someone was "trying to get out"of the house next door,I felt like the memories of these women and my own abuse I suffered for 3yrs at the hands of my teenage boyfriend,were crashing down on my head.  My boyfriend beat me,raped me,secluded me,kept m,e from my family and friends,all up in his family home attic.  I was taken home to my parents at night.  My Mom saw the bruises.  Never said a word.  A neighbor saw him beat me in front of my house.  His father would open the door and yell"knock it off"but not once came to my aid.  It really DOES happen.  I was screaming and crying this morning .  My DH looked outside and saw a neighbor boy playing a drum...All was OK.  I fell asleep exhausted and DH took DS for a haircut and a movie.  I am scared over the flashbacks and my reaction.  I am on Xanax for anxiety and panic attacks and have been doing OK.  I am a long time sufferer of panic,but this was like an out of body experience.  What should I do.  i do not have a counselor currently.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

i would suggest that you get into some therapy. im sorry you are dealing with this and had to go through that. that is terrible. wishing you all the best.

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 5:44 PM

hugs

snookyfritz
by on May. 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I'm so sorry this is so hard for you.  Like Lyrick24 said, I think you need to be talking to someone

chelsea2007
by on May. 12, 2013 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I have them all the time. Panic attacks, migraines, flashbacks and nightmares. I haven't found anything that helps really other than just forcing myself back into reality when I can. Sometimes it can be a lost cause for days after something like talking to my parents, my son starting school, or going in to see a doctor (all triggers). But on average I manage to pull myself out of it within a few minutes to a half an hour.

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs, maybe get into some therapy, maybe they can help you with some coping techniques.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)