Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

My daughter had her baby on Tuesday. Now she is back antidressants

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:57 AM
rho
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

My daughter finally had her baby on Tuesday evening. 

She had me take her to WalMart on Friday and while we was there she asked me to stay when we got home she needed to talk. Of course I stayed to see what she needed.

She wanted to let me know they had put her back on zoloft like last time after her daughter was born. They know she had tried to commit suicide while on them then.

She just wanted to let me know so I could watch for any signs that she is falling into that deep whole again. The only thing different this time they are going to do a follow up in 2 weeks unlike they did with her last child. the dr said he didn't want to hear from her mom again.

II am glad that she is comfortable enough to talk to me about this.

by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:45 AM

im glad she discussed it with you. hopefully it will work well for her and her dr will keep a close eye on her.

dizzy77702
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I'm glad she came to you and bc of your own experiences I'm sure you are in a better place to be able to offer her advice and support when she needs it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Is she living with you?

rhodaj
by rho on May. 13, 2013 at 12:57 AM

no she doesn't live with me. She lives about 5 mins away from me and we normally see each other every day. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Is she living with you?

mikala76
by Michelle on May. 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I am so glad that you two have a stable relationship where you can talk about stuff like that. My mom wants me to go off all my meds and leave my mental illness in Jesus' hands. **eyes rolling**
Seashell77
Going through a heat wave here
Yesterday at 8:43 AM
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I'm happy for you having a new grandbaby !  That's so nice. It's great your daughter was able to reach out to you about her depression and being on medication again.  It's great you are there for her and your are a great mom and grandmom !

rhodaj
by rho on May. 13, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I understand that. I have been told by people to stop my meds and start drinking. 

My daughter was told by a quack psych dr that she would never get any better because it was in her soul. Then I called my pastor's wife to come and talk to her a little that it wasn't. But she agreed with the dr. I haven't been back to church since.

Quoting mikala76:

I am so glad that you two have a stable relationship where you can talk about stuff like that. My mom wants me to go off all my meds and leave my mental illness in Jesus' hands. **eyes rolling**

rhodaj
by rho on May. 13, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Thank You for the compliment. I try to help my children with anything they need. I know how hard it is to have no one to go too. Even though my husband understands most of the time. 

Quoting Seashell77:

I'm happy for you having a new grandbaby !  That's so nice. It's great your daughter was able to reach out to you about her depression and being on medication again.  It's great you are there for her and your are a great mom and grandmom !

Seashell77
Going through a heat wave here
Yesterday at 8:43 AM
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Rthodaj,  I'm so very glad you ignored such stupid and bad advice ! People can be so ignorant. Wow, what you said about your daughter and how the pastor's wife agreed with the quack doc is unbelievable. I don't blame you for not going back to "that" church. But I'd find another where you feel comfortable. I wouldn't let those ignorant people get in the way of your enjoyment of church. I hope your daughter is okay. Did she believe the quack doc and the pastor's wife ? 

Quoting rhodaj:

I understand that. I have been told by people to stop my meds and start drinking. 

My daughter was told by a quack psych dr that she would never get any better because it was in her soul. Then I called my pastor's wife to come and talk to her a little that it wasn't. But she agreed with the dr. I haven't been back to church since.

Quoting mikala76:

rhodaj
by rho on May. 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Yes she did believe him. But since I had been diagnosed with Bipolar way before. I explained to her what was going on. It had nothing to do with her soul. I got her a councler to talk to and that helped out a lot. 

I have also told her to never let a dr treat her like she was stupid again like this one did. She knows now that I am trained to as an advocate for Mentel Illness if she has any problems just to let me know. I will go to any appointment that she may have.

Quoting Seashell77:

Rthodaj,  I'm so very glad you ignored such stupid and bad advice ! People can be so ignorant. Wow, what you said about your daughter and how the pastor's wife agreed with the quack doc is unbelievable. I don't blame you for not going back to "that" church. But I'd find another where you feel comfortable. I wouldn't let those ignorant people get in the way of your enjoyment of church. I hope your daughter is okay. Did she believe the quack doc and the pastor's wife ? 

Quoting rhodaj:

Quoting mikala76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)