Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Enough is enough.

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 6 Replies
Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there. I hope your day is going better then mine is. It's 530 am here and I can't stop crying. My fiancé has done nothing about it to help me. I have been up every 30-45 minutes since 2 this morning. I didn't even get a chance to go to bed until 1200 and couldn't get to sleep until 1230. My son was up at 145. I had my fiancé get him but he couldn't get him to calm down. So I had to take him by about 2 am. I didn't get him back down until 240 and wanted to I've it a bit before I assumed he would stay asleep after 2 previously failed attempts. I didn't get to sleep until 300. My son woke up at 330. I didn't get him back down until 415. He was up again at 450. I tried to get my fiancé out of bed. He did get him for all of 15 minutes before waking me up again to care for him. By then it was 515 I thought I had my son down at 530 but he woke up again. By this point I am at my total wits end because despite my best efforts I can't get him to go to sleep. And I start sobbing because I don know what else to do. My fiancé does hear me but instead of offering to take him or help with him all he says is "could it be his diaper". I don't effing know any more. I just changed him barely am hour ago but why not I will go for it again. I am just so pissed off right now that when he can see I am clearly at my wits end and can't take it anymore he didn't offer to help at all. To top it off its Mother's Day when I am suppose to be the one thought of first and pampered and getti g to take it easy. I should know better by now though. It Mother's Day and I am crying my eyes out because I have gotten almost no sleep and don't know what to do for my son anymore. I am not one for ultimatums in fact I despise them. But I had enough a few days ago when I was up all night with zero help for several nights in a row (one night right before a job interview). I old him be either starts helping or he goes to stay with his mom. Clearly he doesn't really want to help at night so I will probably have him go stay with his mom for now. I can't keep doing this and can't keep letting him get away with this crap. I have had enough.
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
snookyfritz
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I'm so sorry that you are having such a rough day.  I hope you are able to find some rest and peace today. 

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry you had such a rough night. I hope things get better for you. I am here anytime you need someone to talk to. Take care, my friend.
leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM

*hugs*

I've been struggling this mother's day too.

mikala76
by Michelle on May. 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM
I understand the no sleep part. About a month ago I went with out sleep for two weeks, and I was a basket case. I even started to hear voices and have visions. I would just cry, and begged my husband to wake up and just be with me. One night he just snapped and screamed that he couldn't take it anymore. Now that I'm better he doesn't do that anymore, but I sure learned not to wake him while he's sleeping. Men can be so mean sometimes.
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM

i hope if you threaten him with going and staying with his mother that he will wake up and smell the roses. good luck hun!

ilovemydarlins
by on May. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I'm sorry you had a bad mothers day! :( I hope it got better for you. I don't know anythinga bout your relationship with your fiance but I know from my experience that it doesn't really change. I got married while I was pregnant and my then fiance was a great partner while I was pregnant. And after the baby was born it started out with small things like that, three years later and he hardly is here for our baby at all and still doesn't stay awake when she's sick, or needs to go pee in the middle of the night, or anything. (I'm not saying he doesn't do anything but, for as little as he works some weeks he should do more...) anyway, keep that in mind. Make sure you really wanna marry this guy before you do.... my mothers day was really awful too and also spent most of it crying, so you're not alone. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)