Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crisis Stabilization unit *Caution: TRIGGER??*

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM
  • 13 Replies

I've rejoined the group because I really need some help. Last Friday night I tried to commit suicide by ODing on my wellbutrin and copious amounts of alcohol. I was put in the ER by my MIL for about 5 hours then put into the ICU for two days under a 1013 order (suicide watch, basically you are in custody of the state for 72 hours and can't do an AMA as I found out). They then sent me to a crisis stabilization unit (CSU) up until today when I was released. 

Well since I've gotten out my triggers are still here, the stress is still here, all my problems are still here. I feel quite a bit better but my problems are still here. I'm still feeling kind of down (not near as bad as when I was admitted to the ER). I just feel so fragile.

I was wondering how you ladies cope with the everyday stressors and triggers? I just feel so overwhelmed and like I need someone to fix everything for me because I feel like I can't. I don't know why I posted this it just helps to have people that understand talk to me. My DH doesn't really get it cause he's does not have mental illness or anything. I just feel like I need support.

Anyone with any advice, kind words, comments, anything helpful is welcome to respond. I just don't want to feel alone in this!

Also my diagnosis is Bi-polar and BPD. TYIA ladies!

by on May. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snookyfritz
by on May. 17, 2013 at 7:44 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh my goodness.  I a sorry that you had to go through that.  Life is just so darn hard sometimes.  I know the feeling of wanting someone to fix thingsfor you.  I often feel like that.  It's all so overwhelming some days.

Did they supply you with a plan at discharge?

I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say, we're all her for you?

Seashell77
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM
3 moms liked this

hugs

Hang in there.  I'm so glad you turned to this group, for we care and are there for each other. 

Take one day at a time. One moment at a time is even better. That will help a lot, for I tend to get so overwhelmed and I have to slow myself down and say to myself, Rome wasn't built in a day. I know I can't fix certain problems I have and try to fix what I can. I try to be gentle with myself.

I don't have bi-polar and don't know what BPD is, but here at the group we all have depression and understand one another.  Try not to isolate yourself, whether it be coming here at our CM group or seeing your friends, talking on the phone, getting out a bit, taking a walk in your neighborhood and seeing others. That helps a lot to be less depressed and feel better. 

Try to do nice things for yourself. Treat yourself good and be gentle with yourself. 

zboys
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not bi-polar but I was depressed some years back for 7 years.  It was not fun, but I made it through.  I'm still on a couple medications and see a counselor who is very helpful.  Plus, I used to be in a variety of different support groups when I needed the extra help.  I really enjoyed the support groups alot.  It helps to have different "tools," so to speak, to help you manage what you're going through.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

((HUGS))  TY for coming back to the group.  Positive healing thoughts your way.  I am struggling w/feeling over whelmed and angry at this time .

mandaboo99
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

:( Im so sorry for what you went though. Did they set you up with a plan when you were discharged?? My dr has me on anti anxiety meds and I think those are what help with the triggers causing the depression, like I can think around them instead of focus as much on them. as well as Prozac for my ocd. I know its not the same as your situation but I think no matter what our diagnosis we are all going through similar situations and can learn from one another and help one another. I sincerely hope you are feeling better, and that you will come chat with any of us when youre feeling down.

lancet98
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I deal with it by refusing to see certain things as inevitable 'triggers' - like 'A happens, and I fall apart' - no.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 17, 2013 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I know how you feel, I felt that way when I came home after I overdosed on pills back in February. I'm still struggling honestly. But if you keep up with your meds and counseling it does get a little better. You won't feel as fragile as you do right now. But it does take time. I don't have any advise on how to cope with everyday stress and triggers cause I'm still trying to make it one day at a time. But if that's all you can do is one day at a time, then that's what you do. At least you made it through the day. Good luck to ya. Hopefully it doesn't take you as long to start feeling better as its taking me. (((Hugs)))
matreshka
by Ruby Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I am really sorry that happened. I get overwhelmed too. Being on the right meds helps me, being on the wrong meds makes everything worse. Sometimes when I get overwhelmed I will call crisis just to talk and it does help. I also go to  DBT support group along with individual therapy and that helps too.

bloodytears1986
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Thank you all so much. It means a lot to me that you all took the time to respond. I know I have a great support system and I'm lucky to have many good things in my life. When I was in CSU I saw people that had nothing and were not fortunate enough to have a good support system. I just am worried.

Also, my friend who is also an EMT in TN told me that if you try to commit suicide CPS will be called to evaluate your home situation and could possibly take you children away if everything is not hunkeydorey. I live in GA and don't know if this rule applies but I'm scared if it does cause I don't want my DD taken from me and I don't want to deal with CPS.

My meds do seem to help but sometimes I forget to take them and then trouble starts. I have a safety plan in place which is calling friends and family. I don't want to call my mom though because my trigger is usually my DH and I don't want to tell her that we aren't getting along cause she blames everything on him and starts to dislike him and I love my DH and that just causes more problems.

Anyways, enough rambling. I know I can get through this and use the tools they taught me in my groups and use my self-help books. Thanks so much ladies!

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*

welcome back to the group! unfortunately escaping all the stressors and triggers in life is impossible, but I try to only look at the things that I have any control over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)