Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling the lowest I've ever felt...

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:36 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hello,

My name is Sarah and I am a single parent of a very smart, beautiful, loving, obnoxious, gifted, and funny 3 year old named Carson.  He is definitely challenging still, being three years old, and we are dealing with issues that I think any mom who has a child at this age would but that isn't the hard part.  I recently found out that I may or may not have cervical cancer.  I am 26 years old and went in for a regular yearly pap and they found cells that could possibly lead to cancer.  I am a mess to say the least.  If something happened to me I don't know what would happen to my son.  He father has never been in the picture and I'm all that he has.  I have been crying myself to sleep every night and can barely eat or even get through the days sometimes.  I have to work to support him but I am living paycheck to paycheck and have very little savings and can't leave him in this world at 3 years old by himself.  I don't know what to think or how to get through this.  I want to be strong for him and am trying so hard to not let it show but it's killing me inside. 

by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
karendixon25
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:37 AM

First I am sad to hear your situation and I am sorry you did not receive good news from the dr. However, if you are anything like me you will start thinking and assume the worst will happen. The only thing you can do right now in this moment is think that you will be ok and that you dont have cancer right now. If the test should show you something, then you will deal with that when that day comes. Cancer doesnt always equal death. I strongly believe that a persons attitude towards their life makes a huge difference. It is an unfortunate situation that the father is the way he is and even more unfortunate that that is more common in this life. but he may just have to step up if anything were to happen. You are doing the best you can and that is all you can do. So dont start filling your head with all the negative stuff before the gun goes off. You still need your sanity. You are stronger than you know and can tell by how deeply you care for your son. Get a second opionion, do your research, talk to a counselor about how you feel. Do things to stay proactive insteaad of being reactive. good luck to you and I will pray for you.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2013 at 6:31 AM

welcome sarah. i know what youre going through is hard but they have good treatment for what you have. have they talked to you about what they are going to do about the cancer cells? have they talked to you about freezing your cervix? alot of people have the cancer cells but if you catch them early there is good treatment. if you need to get to another dr because they are dragging then do so. try not to worry so much. i know that is easier said then done. do you have any family you can turn to? keep us  updated on your condition. you can come in here and vent anytime.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)