Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever feek like you want change but you are stuck?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I have a wonderful family, a good job that I work from home doing, but feel so isolated.  I know I need to get out more, but this is a rural area and people are more clicky.   Money is extremely tight so we cannot afford driving all over the place.  I feel like I am on the outside looking in at life.  I go to Facebook and everyone has wonderful jobs, beautiful homes, good jobs, tons of friends....etc and that really gets me down.  There is so much I cannot change - like where Iive. I was born and raised in the city (small city) and have lived in the country for 15 years.  I feel like I am 48 and stuck.  At my age, I should have at least the money for the necessities of life and as of right now, we can barely save for retirement, let alone even a savings account.  I know I just need to be grateful and suck it up as there are people way worse off then me.

Thanks for listening!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on May. 31, 2013 at 11:39 PM

first of all dont believe everything you see on facebook. people exagerate. theres nothing wrong for wanting more for yourself. is there anyway you can make an added income? by selling something or having another part-time job. or maybe your husband. cut corners where you can and treat yourself to something every now and then. i would start by looking at the grocery budget and what you could do without or substitue at a lower price.

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I'm sorry you are feeling like this today. But I know how you feel. I keep telling myself things will get better. But I mostly feel stuck. I want what my best friend has. A beautiful house. Buys stuff as she wants to and goes when she wants to werever she wants. 

Hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)