Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Black hole is closing in...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I can not get out of this funk.  I am not sleeping, eating, have lost at least 10lbs of muscle in the last month!!!  These constant panic attacks are not helping!!  I have an appt on Wed, i'm afraid they will want to hospitalize me.  Do not want to do Anything, including everything I used to enjoy, baking, gardening,reading!  Just want to sleep forever!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

im so sorry you are feeling this way. but maybe a hospitalization is what you need to get you back on the right track. it sounds like you are suffering from depression big time. i hope they get you on the right meds and get you into some counseling. try to just take it easy until you get in there wed. you are headed in the right direction.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM

*hugs*

do you feel like you need to be hospitalized?just be honest, they will probably try to help you come up with a way to cope whether it be meds, counseling, therapy, etc. I hope you feel better!

lancet98
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Nothing you mention says hospitalization to me.   It certainly sounds like you are suffering way too much, though.

Are you having other problems that you think might cause a hospitalization?   Most hospitalizations are voluntary rather than involuntary.   In general you would have an involuntary hospitalization only if you are making very clear moves to harm yourself.

I'm not saying that's good, either, I think if a person clearly would benefit from a hospitalization and clearly is in a steep spiral, even if they are reluctant, it should happen, though I would hope that a quiet, concerned doctor could simply recommend the person go in without making it an involuntary hospitalization.

Hospitals can be a useful part of managing an illness.   They're the place to go when you're endangered, and they're the place to go for med changes of some medications, or if things are just plain old getting really bad.   Most people don't need hospitalizations, but if you need it, it's wise to go.

Sometimes when a person is depressed it's like they're numb - they can't see how bad it's gotten, and don't want to go to hospital even though it would probably help.  

It's good that you have a lot of insight into your condition, that's a really good sign.   You do an excellent job of keeping track of symptom changes and seem to be very alert to that.   That's REALLY good.  You're also aware that basic functions like appetite and sleeping rhythms can be affected by depression and anxiety.   

If you're not eating well or sleeping and your physical condition is going down, and you're having a lot of anxiety attacks, you really do need to go to the doctor, and I'm glad you're going to have an appointment soon.  But please don't wait a month!   You don't deserve to suffer for a month!   

If your symptom diary confirms that your symptoms are really taking a nose dive, go in there and pound on the doc's desk and demand some service!   When things are this bad it's clear you need more support than you're getting.   That may be medication  or other responses (counseling, medical checkover for medical problems, etc).

daisy_deary
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM

hugging

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:09 AM

i never got anything out of hospitalization.  i know many people do.  if you like to read, try darkness visible by william stryon.  he gives the best descriptin of depression i ever heard.  he benefitted enormously while in a psych hospital.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Thank you ladies!! I didn't mention that the 10-15 ls I lost, i didnt have to lose.  My 4's are big!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)