Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

need advice please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I am not doing so good today. My "friend" told me she was going to watch my kids today and is not now. Her reason is that everything in my life is a crisis and I am too negative. She has known me for years and says that she sees a completely different person now. She says that I am too high strung and anxious, and that I need to calm down and enjoy life more. Before my kids I enjoyed life by being very active outdoors, and I cant do that because they are too little. I need advice on how to enjoy life more and enjoy my kids more. I am feeling like I am drowning and no one will help me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM

BUMP!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 4:06 PM

do things with your kids that you all will enjoy. get out by going to the park and having a picnic lunch. go to the library with them. play with them in the yard.

Linagma03
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

How little are they? You can get a wagon to pull and go for walks around the block. Take a bag or bucket and stop to look at the flowers, trees, bushes in the neighbor's yards. Pick up pine cones, leaves, even rocks that the kids think are pretty. Have a picnic in the backyard, take some blankets and make a fort for them to play in, in the livingroom or their bedroom. A backyard is a good place to have adventures. Toddlers can have fun most anywhere, and an adventure is easy to make. My 14yr old sets up her small tent on the porch and lets her 9yr special needs sister camp out with her. The other thing they do is have sleepovers, they put blankets on the livingroom floor, play games like trouble, chutes&ladders, candyland then they will watch a movie and eat popcorn or fruit then go to sleep. Where we live there aren't kids that the 9yr old can play with and with her medical condition she can't just go to a person's house to play with any kids that might be there. So we have to find things to keep her occupied. Something you can try is go to nickjr.com and look around the site there are some ideas there that use things that are in peoples homes most of the time. These are some of the things that we've done & that friends did with their kids. 

I can't really say a whole lot because I have gotten rather blah feeling over the last few months myself. I need to start getting out more with the little one and it would make me feel better I'm sure. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM

*hugs*

TattooedMom104
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I know how you feel. I have a two year old son pregnant with my second and my life has been nothing but sitting at home staring at the walls for the past couple years. Sounds like you need a break for yourself to go out and have fun. Im trapped in my house my husbands never home and im not really allowed to go out. I also feel like im drowning. Everyone needs time to themselves and when youre deprived of it you start to lose your mind :( I hope things get better!

lancet98
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I think with friends like that, who needs enemies?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)