Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I got help

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:59 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sooo...after MONTHS of feeling like I was run over by a mack truck, my mom finally guilt tripped me into going to the doctor.  Doctor did some blood work, talked to me, I had my wee one with me (and she was in TRUE form...climbing, jabbering, etc...every nurse there had to play with her). We went over my past treatments and he suggested trying celexa.  At that point, I just wanted something that would give me get up and go...i.e. I was contemplating reintroducing caffeine into my life.  Anyway, I started my meds the next morning and later that day, the nurse called me and told me that EVERYTHING was low (my iron, D, cholesterol, etc) and added a hand full of vitamins to the mix.  Within a week I started feeling semi human.  Now, I feel quite good...my blood pressure had even gone down when I went in for my follow up!  While I was at my WIC appointment, I read a Post Partum psychoses poster...I had 7/8 of the symptoms for PPD :-\

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
pisces72
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you  got help. Having a baby an bebittersweet especially when your hormones are everywhere. Hang in there. It will take some time but you will make it through. Hang in there!'n

LadyMisfitAngel
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM

That's so good! Low vitamins are usually a first fix for feeling down and inhuman. I still take prenatals and my daughter is 8 months old and I was even taking them in high school. Always always take them. b-12 is really good too. I got on paxil and found it to be wonderful. I was relieved to find a pill that didn't make me feel wierd. Hope it keeps going good for you!

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:01 AM

you done the right thing by going to the dr and i am glad you are feeling better. you sound like you have a wonderful mom and child!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:48 AM

so glad you went in!  that's great!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM

good for you for going to the doctor! I hope that you're feeling better soon!

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I'm glad you got help and you are feeling so much better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN