Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Counting blessings???

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

For the past few years I've had some ppl in my life, including the father of my children, who could really suck the life out of me. When isolated and spending so much time around these negative people, I found myself stooping to their level of course. I've been depressed, I have panic attacks, I have days when I'm angry for no reason, sad for no reason, paranoid...so on and so forth. But there are times when I stop myself because of something I see or hear or think of...to really count my blessings. So I wanted to get some things out that I'm thankful for, and go to bed thinking of them. Hopefully I can get some others to join in with me :)

1. I am thankful that I had yet another day with my children.  2. I am thankful for the breeze that's cooled down the suns rays. 3. I am thankful that God granted me two healthy, handsome boys! 4. That I am healthy and have a place for my children and I to lay our heads. 5. For family who truly cares.

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happydays62
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm thankful for all 3- of my kids and all of my grandchilderns(9) total .  I also very thankful for waking up in the morning .Thank you God for just  being there for us . As we go through this life of the good and bad days.  We are all here for a reason.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

It is hard to count blessings when suffering from anxiety,panic attacks and depression.  TY for reminding me to count mine:)

happydays62
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Quoting SandyLaxner:

It is hard to count blessings when suffering from anxiety,panic attacks and depression.  TY for reminding me to count mine:)

Iunderstand all about depression, anxietypanic attacks, as well as other health problems.

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I am thankful for all of my children and grandchildren a loving and caring husband.

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry I didn't see you was a new member of the group.

Welcome to the group.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM

welcome to the group :-)

I am thankful for a 13 year old daughter that hasn't caused me too much problems. . . yet. . . lol

I am thankful that this morning I woke up to a beautiful day

I am thankful that I have a job that although it's extremely stressful right now, it's overall a good place to work

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM

i'm thankful to God for all my blessings.  they are numerous.

farlz2488
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Quoting happydays62:

I'm thankful for all 3- of my kids and all of my grandchilderns(9) total .  I also very thankful for waking up in the morning .Thank you God for just  being there for us . As we go through this life of the good and bad days.  We are all here for a reason.

Yes! we are all here for a reason, we all have purpose and God has a plan if we'll just trust him! <3

farlz2488
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Thank you for the replies and youre more than welcome for reminding you to count your blessings :) I have bad days where nothing has much meaning and then I have days where the sun is so hot it tingles and a cloud comes over and the breeze passes by and I remember to say Thank you. Thank you lord for this life and all of the blessings we sometimes look over :) <3 and thankyou for all the welcomes.

nai_ryoku
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I am thankful that I have the 3 beautiful children that I do. My 3 yr old broke his leg clean through a few days ago and super thankful the bone didn't move so he didn't have to endure a painful setting or surgery!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)