Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I am so mad at my brother and sil. I swear they are not fit to be parents

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM
rho
  • 6 Replies

My daughter called me tonight and asked me if I felt like making a trip to the hospital and I told her yes. Of course I am thinking something is wrong with one of my grandchildren. Here it was my niece instead. 

She is 6 months pregnant and fell down the steps today so she didn't feel hurt or anything so she layed down to take a nap. When she woke up her shoulder was hurting so she went to the ER. They told her they had one more test to run and then they was going to release her. Well before they got the test ran she started having contractions. 

So as normal they are to drunk to go to the hospital to be with there daughter why she isn't sure what is going to happen. Which they have never been there for their kids anyway. If they need something they call me.

So off to the hospital I go to be with her with my brain raising of the worse. But she and the baby is going to be fine. It took about 10x's of me asking the nurse and her reasuring me that it was going to be.

I took her little sister home and went in to let them know what was going on and let them know she was ok. Here is my brother passed out on the couch and my sil in bed. I am sso furious.

But they had the nerve to complain because her boyfriend couldn't leave work to be at the hospital to be with her which at first it was just a shoulder thing but as soon as she started going into labor he was there.

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:05 AM

it can sometimes be hard when you have to deal with family like that. i am glad you were there for her. you done the right thing. i hope everything goes alright for her.

mrsjksimmons
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:11 AM

As I was reading, I swear you could have been talking about my brother and SIL.  Granted I am 25 and he & SIL are 23 but I swear, I think your brother & SIL are related to mine.

I'm glad your neice is okay.

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:51 AM

You know I just wish they would just grow up and act like adults. They are in there 40's and u mind as well say that Steve and me didn't have 3 kids we had 6.

Quoting lyrick24:

it can sometimes be hard when you have to deal with family like that. i am glad you were there for her. you done the right thing. i hope everything goes alright for her.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:30 AM

your alcoholic sister and spouse need help.  aa?  detox?  you are a very good aunt and she is lucky to have you.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM

that makes me sad for your neice that her own parents couldn't be bothered to be there for her. I hope she's ok now!

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM

My brother and sister in law is in denial that they have a problem. Until they admit they have one there isn't much anyone can do.  I have cut all cash funds to them. If there 2 youngest need something I will take them and get it because I won't let them do without. But I will not give them money any longer to what they say is to pay a bill.

Quoting lucy164:

your alcoholic sister and spouse need help.  aa?  detox?  you are a very good aunt and she is lucky to have you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN