Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I dont even know if I should be worrying just yet!!! But I am...

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 13 Replies

Things have been looking pretty well for me here lately, up until this past month. I've been getting into therapy, which has been helping a lot! And been on meds, and got a job, been paying bills on time, but it's been stressful at the same time. Trying to keep appointments with myself and my daughter, figuring out daycare situations since headstart had the budget cuts, (and the fact that they only have half day kindergardens here so that really sucks and I can only get assistance if I'm working atleast half-time which puts a damper on me getting my schooling finished). But now I have on my plate the stress of possibility of being kicked out! I just moved into low-income housing to hopefully get myself on my feet by completing my education. They have a TON of rules to follow, and with the stress I've been under, my memory hasn't been to good, and I forgot to turn in some info on some changes that has happened with my income on a timely manner.

Now I've been worrying that I'm going to get a notice on whether I'm going to get kicked out, this hasn't been the first time sadly, more like my second time, but they can be pretty strict around here. I have no where to go. My parents dont even live in the same state as I do and I'm litterally in the middle of a custody battle with my son -.-;

Maybe all this other stress is making me stress even more about things, I dont know. But it's causing me to not get any sleep right about now! It's definitally been awhile since I've stayed up crying.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

can you talk to the manager at the apt complex and let them know what you have been dealing with. sometimes if you talk to them in person things can be worked out better. good luck to you.

mrsjksimmons
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I live in low income housing right now and I know how you feel about turning things in. I have called the manager and told her what was going on. She is nice enough to work with us. You can always try to see if they will work with you.

c_edmonds
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Im sorry Im not even in this group I dont even know how Im stumbled across it but I wanted to say something if you dont mind.

Therapy is good it helps you talk and get all your frustrations out when no one else wants to listen. It doesnt even matter that (atleast to me) that the therapist is judging me when Im talking and writing down all these things and getting his own view of how my past life is and how my futurer might turn out. Unless you have one that doesnt do that and just wants to listen and be a friend to lean on.

Good for getting a job and making a fresh start to a brighter future for ou and your daughter. Make all your appointments on the same day if that can be arranged. Head start...thats a tricky one... see if you can find another center that offers all day care that can also teach her what head start can. That way you can work more and go to school. Housing...remember those MAJOR rules and write those down by the door somewhere you see them all the time and you wont forget (cousin did this and she remembered them)

Paper work...thats easy one...CALENDAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custody battle...I cant help you because I dont know your case and you have to figure that out on your own.

Stress...honey breath..find something that you can do that will ease your mind...read a book, go swim, watch a movie, get a manicure, save up for a hotel stay wih you and baby girl or a nice dinner. Something like that.

You stress because you dont have an outlet to take your mind off these things. Try it. Dont say you cant. Just do!!!!!!!!!! look forward to something that will make you smile even if it takes you two months. Its the small things that you HAVE to look forwrd to.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM

hugsi hope things will get better for you.

LnghrnFan
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

It certainly sounds like you have a lot on your plate...it's easy to understand why you're overwhelmed!  Take a deep breath and try to give yourself a break.  You should be really proud of yourself for taking steps to make a better life for you and your daughter.

I also agree with c_edmonds, seeing a counselor might be a good idea.  He/she might be able to help you put things in perspective and work through some of the stress in your life.  Finances might make if difficult, but I encourage you to look for a therapist who will work with you.  As another option, I work for an organization called Focus on the Family, and their counselors are available to speak with you free of charge.  I hope it's okay for me to share a link to their contact information: http://bit.ly/194fiHF

Praying everything works out for you!

Serenitymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Well its a housing complex, and I'm sure they will give me a letter to meet with them. They aren't very lax people though so I dont know if telling them I've been under stress and just forgot is going to fly with them -.-;

Quoting lyrick24:

can you talk to the manager at the apt complex and let them know what you have been dealing with. sometimes if you talk to them in person things can be worked out better. good luck to you.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Serenitymom:

Well its a housing complex, and I'm sure they will give me a letter to meet with them. They aren't very lax people though so I dont know if telling them I've been under stress and just forgot is going to fly with them -.-;

Quoting lyrick24:

just give it a shot. it cant hurt.

Serenitymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Quoting c_edmonds:

Im sorry Im not even in this group I dont even know how Im stumbled across it but I wanted to say something if you dont mind.

Therapy is good it helps you talk and get all your frustrations out when no one else wants to listen. It doesnt even matter that (atleast to me) that the therapist is judging me when Im talking and writing down all these things and getting his own view of how my past life is and how my futurer might turn out. Unless you have one that doesnt do that and just wants to listen and be a friend to lean on.

Good for getting a job and making a fresh start to a brighter future for ou and your daughter. Make all your appointments on the same day if that can be arranged. Head start...thats a tricky one... see if you can find another center that offers all day care that can also teach her what head start can. That way you can work more and go to school. Housing...remember those MAJOR rules and write those down by the door somewhere you see them all the time and you wont forget (cousin did this and she remembered them)

Paper work...thats easy one...CALENDAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custody battle...I cant help you because I dont know your case and you have to figure that out on your own.

Stress...honey breath..find something that you can do that will ease your mind...read a book, go swim, watch a movie, get a manicure, save up for a hotel stay wih you and baby girl or a nice dinner. Something like that.

You stress because you dont have an outlet to take your mind off these things. Try it. Dont say you cant. Just do!!!!!!!!!! look forward to something that will make you smile even if it takes you two months. Its the small things that you HAVE to look forwrd to.

Its hard to make appiontments all on the same day, but maybe I should set a day or two of the month for appointments, thanks for that advise, definitally will help... the weekly therapy appointments between my daughter and I wont be able to work that way but maybe for the other things.

I have been looking around for my daughters kindergarden situation, I found something for my son, but still looking on what to do with my daughter, I have even talked to the day care aware program. *sigh*

Housing rules here are vague. Like for instance I swore she told me to wait to turn in anything until I get my paycheck because I dont have official hours, when my work is done is when I get to go home. But when I went to turn in my check, she blew up on me saying she never said that. My neighbor has said the landlord has done the same thing to her.

And I do have a calendar, one on my phone as well as an agenda calendar. Its just the stress more than the organization issue.

I do need a de-stressor.  Maybe going back to my meditations will help. Thanks for your advise, really needed someone to help straighten my thinking!

nai_ryoku
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:23 AM

hugs

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM

*hugs*

try to relax and take some deep breaths!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN