Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need info ASAP please

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM
  • 15 Replies
Please I need all of the info I can possibly get as soon as possible. I need to know if there is anyway to get someone help when 1) they will not admit hey have a problem 2) they won't admit they need help 3) they have refused help in the past or stopped it unexpectedly. Please. If there is any info anyone can give me please let me know. I need to get help for my mom. Thigs are getting to bad. But I know she won't get the help on her own. And I know if we suggest it she will get pissed. But she needs help this has got to come to a stop. Please. If you have any info or can point me in the right direction I would be very happy.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

bump

LOVEBUG219
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Did she try hurting herself?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM
If she denies it and refuses help then sadly I don't think there is anything. It could all depend on exactly what has happened though. Has she hurt herself?
lexismom90
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:13 AM
No. But I was home less then 10 minutes and I heard her yell "well fuck you asshole" at my dad. She proceeded to storm out of the house and drive off. Idk what caused it but she has been having bursts of anger over nothing for a long time now. And it is just progressively getting worse.

Quoting LOVEBUG219:

Did she try hurting herself?
lexismom90
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I am really hoping there is something I can do. She hasn't hurt herself and hasn't even threatened to this time. But she has been having horrible bursts of anger for a ppm time now. And it is just progressively getting worse and more frequent. I know here it sounds like nothing and even if I type out the longer explanation of everything it will sound like no big deal but it is. And it just keeps getting worse. And it is starting to get to the point where we can hardly say or do things without something setting her off.

Quoting Anonymous:

If she denies it and refuses help then sadly I don't think there is anything. It could all depend on exactly what has happened though. Has she hurt herself?
meshawmama
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I believe that if you can get a judge in court to say she is not of sound mind and can't make her own decisions then someone can be appointed, like you or your dad, to make decisions for her and then you can force her to get help.  I would call and ask a lawyer.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

could she be going through menopause?  maybe she needs to see her gyn for  hormone therapy.

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM

you could get temporary detaining order on her from a judge but i dont think she sounds like she would be bad enough to get it. if i were you i would just talk to her about seeing her dr and offer to go with her. let her know how she is acting and that there is help out there. your dad could be a big help with this. he might be able to talk her into going and seeing a dr. if she doesnt agree then i dont think there is much you can do. she will have to come to that decision on her own.

MomofSCMJJA
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:59 AM

You dont' say what the problem is, but I would recommend writing a letter to her doctor outlining your concerns as clearly as possible with as much details and supporting info as possible.  The doc won't be able to talk to you without your moms permission, but at least he will be aware of your concerns and can address them at her next appointment.  If she is resistant to going to the doc the only way you have a recourse is if she is a threat to herself or others.  Then you could actually force her into a 3 day evaluation.  Of course, she may never speak to you again if you go that route...

nai_ryoku
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)