Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I cant seem to get over it.

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:47 AM
  • 17 Replies

I lost my baby in 2011. I was pregnant the same time as my sister in law, my niece is 2 now. I cant get over how she is so easily get pregnant but I am having so many issues. I tried therapy only one therapist helped but she moved away. Whenever I see my niece my heart breaks. I know it isnt my SIL fault nor my nieces but in my heart it still hurts. I feel so guilty for feeling this way. It has but a gap between me and my niece.

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Oh, sweetheart. I can most definitely relate. I'm so sorry for your grief and pain.

JRSMOM0621
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, sweetheart. I can most definitely relate. I'm so sorry for your grief and pain.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM

*hugs*

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM

when i lost my grandaughter several  years back it was hard for me to see another baby. i would break down crying but in time i got over it. just know that its not your neices fault. your time will come and it is going to be better. i hope everything works out for you.

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Hun I'm sorry for your lost. But I don't think that is something you ever get over. Plus it has only been 2 years. You will always remember and feel the lost of that child and think of the things she would be doing. But you need to give yourself time to greive. 

I know a lot of Funeral Homes have a grieving therapy you might want to check that out. Also check with your local hospital or talk to your dr and see if they might have a group for mothers that have lost there baby. I know we have one here. But I'm not sure about other places. If not maybe that is something you could start. Even if it is just a few people. 

JRSMOM0621
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I'll check it out. Thank you

Quoting rhodaj:

Hun I'm sorry for your lost. But I don't think that is something you ever get over. Plus it has only been 2 years. You will always remember and feel the lost of that child and think of the things she would be doing. But you need to give yourself time to greive. 

I know a lot of Funeral Homes have a grieving therapy you might want to check that out. Also check with your local hospital or talk to your dr and see if they might have a group for mothers that have lost there baby. I know we have one here. But I'm not sure about other places. If not maybe that is something you could start. Even if it is just a few people. 

rhodaj
by rho on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM

You are very welcome.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I'll check it out. Thank you

Quoting rhodaj:

lucy164
by Peggy on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:11 AM

i'm so sorry for your loss.  my first baby died a long time ago.  i still miss her and love her, that's not going to go away, but it's only been 2 years for you.  as time goes by the hurt won't be as sharp.  i know what you mean about it being so easy for a lot of women to conceive.  i thought i would never get pregnant again but a few years later, my second daughter came along and she was fine.  she now has her own daughter.  i don't know what to tell you about your niece.  i very much resented my friends and their babies at the time.  i think this is normal to feel that way at first.  can you think of your niece as a blessing in your life?  she is your own flesh and blood and she will love you.

nai_ryoku
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I'm so sorry. You still have much grief to get through and maybe that will always stay w/ you, I dunno. Have you done anything in memorial to your lost little one? Maybe that would help a little.

jdy9440
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope your pain eases soon .huggss

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN