Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I don't think Im making an unreasonable request

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 19 Replies
My sister and her family are moving to Virginia in 2 weeks. We haven't had a photo done with them and my parents since Corbin was born over 7 years ago. Since then, Jaden and Avery have been born and Hunter and Corbin have certainly grown. We want another photo taken before they leave.

We tried to set something up during a goodbye BBQ my parents hosted with all of the aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins, since we'd all be there that day and my cousin is a professional photographer, BUT, my husband wasn't there. He was in a trip to Philly to watch lacrosse games with his friends. So, we got my cousin to come out today to take pictures before my sisters husband has to leave to get back to Virginia in time to work tomorrow (he's been living there for months already). This time, my husband still won't be there because he's driving over an hour away to go mudding in his Jeep with his friends. He claims he's had this planned for a month, but its the first I'm hearing about it. I'm pissed because he won't be flexible and get back early in time for the photo at 1pm. He claims that its not a big deal and to just do the photos without him! It IS a big deal! He won't be in the family photo! And we could have already had it done, but waited for him! He says he's not letting his buddies down, but he's letting me and our family down. I'm very hurt and disappointed. I don't ask for much. I don't complain to him about how much time he spends out doing fun things because he is working overtime to support us, but this is too much. There is no reason he can't come home early or just miss it this time. Mud and Jeeps arent going anywhere. there will always be orher opportunities. And why does he need to drive over an hour away to go mudding?! It's been raining for days! Mud is everywhere!

This is really the last straw. Maybe it's a good thing he won't be in the family photo. Maybe he won't be part of this family much longer anyway.
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucy164
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

take the picture anyway without him in it.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM

im sorry hes not agreeing to do the photo with you. if it were my husband and fishing he would miss the photo to go fishing and i would be pissed. just go ahead and take the picture without him. maybe have the photograper to come over at a different time and take some pictures of him by himself.

peggles78
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd take the picture without him, since he seems more concerned about having time with his buddies than being a part of the family. Then I'd let him know that you are hurt because you feel he doesn't want to be a part of your family at all.

elwalters77
by Erica on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Mobile Photo

Life us good, huh? Won't be so good when he finally decides to come home, or every time I look at the family picture with him missing from it.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:03 PM

wow, that's a jerk move! he really is choosing his friends over his family and I'd be pissed too!

elwalters77
by Erica on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM
And it's not like this is the first time he's chosen himself and friends over me and our family. I'm kinda done with him. He's hurt and disappointed me too many times.

Quoting leahbeah143:

wow, that's a jerk move! he really is choosing his friends over his family and I'd be pissed too!

elwalters77
by Erica on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I was asked to sing a solo at church and said I'd like to plan to do it when he could be there and he said he didn't need to be there. He's heard me sing before! I know that, but I have only performed a handful of times that since he's known me and a lot of those times he couldn't be there. It's about being supportive! So he said that I am never there to watch him play golf. Um, that's something he just started doing for fun with friends. It's not the same thing! It's not like he's playing in a tournament or something. He's just making excuses to not be supportive or really be a part if my life. :(
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Quoting elwalters77:

And it's not like this is the first time he's chosen himself and friends over me and our family. I'm kinda done with him. He's hurt and disappointed me too many times.

Quoting leahbeah143:

It seems like he does that a lot ~ he's being extremely selfish
elwalters77
by Erica on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:14 PM
He does. And he is. And I'm not happy.

Quoting leahbeah143:

Quoting elwalters77:

Quoting leahbeah143:

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM
have you talked to him about seperating?
Quoting elwalters77:

He does. And he is. And I'm not happy.

Quoting leahbeah143:

Quoting elwalters77:

Quoting leahbeah143:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)