Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has Anyone Been Hospitalized To Treat Anxiety and Panic?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I deal with anxiety all day sometimes including having panic attacks. Has anyone been hospitalized to treat their anxiety and panic attacks? I'm scared, I don't want to be hospitalized.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I haven't, but if you think it's something that might help you, give it a try. good luck!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Not for anixety and panic but for bipolar disorder. If you think you need to go inpatient you may want to consider it. They can help stablize you.

boshs1andonly
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I haven't yet, but if I hadn't reached out a couple of months ago, I would probably be at that point right now. I understand its scary but if you feel like that's what you need, do it. in the end, whatever it takes to get you better.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I have. I was there for a week. They completely changed my meds. I feel so much better now.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

it would probably be a good thing if you go. they can help you there. you dont have to live like youre doing. good luck.

L202M
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I just posted over on "my life with depression, anxiety, and agoraphobia is never going to change, is it?"

Go read my post, it'll help you.

kaiti_G
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I've never had to go to stay like in the psych ward but I've been to the hospital for panic attacks a few times.
lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 3, 2013 at 5:49 AM

at a hospital, doctors and nurses will be there to monitor your symptoms while trying different meds for anxiety.  you shouldn't have to suffer all day.

rosiemendo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I have been.  Thank God I don't remember anything; I had to rely on what other people told me.  I guess my anxiety and depression got so bad that I asked for an ambulance to take me to the hospital.  I literally walked off my job as a Teaching Assistant in tears, don't know how I drove myself home, but "woke up" like a year or so later.  It had taken 3 ECT (ElectroConvulsiveTherapy) treatments in one week to make me respond.  I'm on 3 different meds. now for the depression and anxiety, see a Clinical Social Worker and a psychiatrist regularly, and still receive ECT, but every 9 weeks now.  I lost out on a couple of years of my life, was forced to retire, and lost out on my family's lives.  Please don't wait; seek help.  Get as much information as possible from professionals and follow their advice.  And if you're not comfortable with one, look for another and pray because if it wasn't for the power of prayer, I swear I'd be dead.  Good luck......hugs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I was hospitalized(voluntarily)for 8 days in 2010 after many times going to ER with chest pains and shortness of breath.  The symptoms were not physical ie EKG ,oxygenation was normal,no blood clots,no heart aattacks.  It was panic /anxiety.  Inpt.they do a lot of 1:1 therapy,groups,activities,med changes which can be monitored closesly that you cannot do at home.  I should have stayed longer,my Dr wanted me too,but I had a toddler and wanted to get home to him.  The med changes were not for me when I went home and had responsibilities(they made me too sleepy).  i do reccommend being admitted though,to take care of yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)