Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else have the house cleaning problem?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM
  • 26 Replies

something about being bipolar keeps me from cleaning my house. any little thing seems so overwhelming that i just run from it. for instance, my daughter washed my  bed covers and put them in the dryer and i wasnt able to get them out and make my bed. she says to me that it is as easy as going to the fridge and getting out a soda of which i do. but i dont see it like that. getting them out of the dryer and putting them on my bed is just too much for me to do. my husband is the only one who understands this. thank god he does. am i alone or does it seem like that is the case with others also?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM
I'm like that. Everything overwhelms me so I keep putting it off. The only chore I can keep up with is doing the dishes.
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I tried cleaning the house today....it lasted about an hour then I was done. I just can't get motivated to do it.

oldermom58
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM

you have to teach yourself to go from disorganized thoughts to organized ones. Recently had a change at work where things are required within a weeks  time. well it has made a diffrence to me an avid procrastinator. i told my daugher that keeping it messy just makes me depressed amd it does. so I turn on the music and before i know it things get done whew that feels good!!

lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 3, 2013 at 5:57 AM

i keep my house picked up and clean, but not the deep cleaning it needs.  changing the sheets is very hard for me too.  my husband usually does it.  is your husband back yet?  dusting is something i hardly ever think of.  and that's easy!  i think depression and heart failure keeps me from heavy cleaning.  no excuse for my dusty house.!

bahamamama61
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 6:43 AM
I have a hard time, too. But nobody else is going to do it, and I Love a clean house:) I put some stuff off, and then I attack it:) Once I get started, I'm glad I did:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I am like that too. All I can really manage is washing the dishes, everything else overwhlems me. I used to not always be like this, just in the past few months since I crashed into a serious depression. My DH gets frustrated with me.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Quoting lucy164:

i keep my house picked up and clean, but not the deep cleaning it needs.  changing the sheets is very hard for me too.  my husband usually does it.  is your husband back yet?  dusting is something i hardly ever think of.  and that's easy!  i think depression and heart failure keeps me from heavy cleaning.  no excuse for my dusty house.!

my husband is coming home on the 19th but coming home for a four day visit today. he helps me alot. i am just worrying i wont be able to keep up with everything once we take custody of my grandsons.

LaceMom
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Yes, I feel like that all the time. I usually manage to get things like the dishes, or some laundry done, but everything else seems like climbing a mountain to me. If I ever have any free time I sit and think about all the things in my house I should be cleaning, or organizing. I rarely can talk myself into doing any of it.
mommersx4
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM

My problem is paper work and I keep losing things!!!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I definitely have times like that! I have a basket of clean clothes that's been sitting there waiting to be put away for more than a few days. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)