Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Need advice and friends

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Hello I'm 23 and I've been diagnosed bipolar with severe paranoia severe depression severe anxiety and complusive disorder and I'm having a tough dealing with it lucky i have a supportive husband but it would help to have a few women around my age tho are going through similar events and they are handling it if you could plz pass on some advice or offer friendship to help through this tough I'd be grateful thank you
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bahamamama61
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Sorry you're having a tough time:) Everything will work out fine:) *Hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucy164
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:43 AM

hi, i also have had severe depression.  mine started at about age 22.  i am on some very good meds now so things are much better.  my anxiety is a lot better with meds.  i don't know anything about compulsive disorder though.  you are lucky, as am i, to have a supportive husband.  it makes all the difference in the world.  i would like to be your friend, although i am much older than you (65), but there are many young women on here with your same issues.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I was diagnosed with bipolar 1 at 14. As long as you are getting the right support with a good doc, therapist and friends and family that support you , your life can be relatively normal.

mandaboo99
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Hi!! Im 29, have severe ocd and anxiety that im being treated for. Lucky, like you I have a supportive husband. I know its hard, It does get better. For months I thought I was going to turn into some kind of monster and was convinced it wasnt my OCD doing it to me, but apparently thats what ocd does when you let it just go for as long as i did and pair it with ppd... I have a good Dr who I have known almost all of my life. By the time I admitted I needed help i was curled up in a ball crying all the time, I dont even remember my first appointment . It has gotten better (knock wood) I still have my quirks, but dont we all?? Im superstitious I still have some compulsions but according to my husband Im "better" now, happier than I have ever been, and hes known me since I was 13. Much love and hugs to you, message me anytime

peggles78
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:40 AM

You've come to the right place Anony. I wish I could give you advice, but I haven't had some of the issues you have. But please know that you aren't alone and that other people do care, even if we haven't walked in your particular shoes.

nai_ryoku
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Make sure you're getting the right treatment you need and don't give up on it. It took me over a year to find a good drug cocktail and frankly, he's still tweaking it. But it's worth it.

runner777
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Hi ,Ihad depression and now have anxiety.. I am being weaned off  myneds..not helping. I live day by day.... I am 54 older then you, but would lkie to be friends.... I am also new to this site.. so email me if you want... good luck oxoxomindy

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I'm 33 and have been dealing with depression since I was in jr high, and anxiety/panic attacks for the last 2-3 years. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)