Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

My house is such a mess

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 33 Replies

I don't even know where to start cleaning. It just all overwhelmes me. I feel like a failure because DH says "just pick an area and start cleaning" but then I get all anbxious and frustrated about where everything is supposed to go.

Its all basically toys and clothes and we don't have enough space for all of it to be put away.

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

i understand how you feel. i go through the same thing.

Christa4924
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way.  It's been getting worse and worse as time goes on.  I don't know why I can't get it together.  It sounds like it should be easy but it's not.  It is so overwhelming and it just adds to my depression/anxiety. 

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I have the same problem, I look at it and just get more depressed. I don't even want to start.

bloodytears1986
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm right there with you hun, My house is a disaster area and my DH and I have arguments over it. I just can't seem to get motivated to clean it, I don't even know where to begin. 

Have you tried flylady? I've heard a lot of people say it is a miracle solution to a never ending problem. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I get that way too! Usually I sit down and write a list of what needs to be done in a specific area or room. Once I can start crossing things off the lists I start to feel more motivated. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

what is flylady?

Quoting bloodytears1986:

I'm right there with you hun, My house is a disaster area and my DH and I have arguments over it. I just can't seem to get motivated to clean it, I don't even know where to begin. 

Have you tried flylady? I've heard a lot of people say it is a miracle solution to a never ending problem. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My SO laughs at me. I'm an OCD perfectionist and with 4 kids it does get frustrating. We are starting to move in together and I am chucking things in his house left to right. Garbage pile, donate pile, sell pile, etc. Last week he came home to me and his best friend burning his couch (the seats were sinking in and it was just nasty). All SO did was laugh. SO helps clean right alongside of me; but normally he looks at me and I show him once and he get's it right the first time he does it alone. This makes it so that I can get a bit of me time in and not have to worry about the house cleaning, cooking, kids, etc. SO wants me to relaxe (health reasons); so he's always chipping in. I woke up today at 1 p.m (kids are with aunt), to a spotless house and brkfst in bed. Wonderful....

SO has always been good at domestic work; especially since he had been raising his two kids on his own since they were a year old. He is actually better at dishes, laundry, and mopping then me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I know the feeling. Clothes everywhere and no space for them, toys everywhere and when i put them away their scattered on the floor again within 10 minutes. Dishes loaded in the dishwasher only to come back and see that the sink already has new dirty dishes piling up. :-(
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I have the same problem!  DH just doesn't understand.

We just rented a dumpster and have been tossing stuff out.  Our logic is if I can't keep up with it and don't have space for it, then it needs to go.  We're donating what we think people could use, but to be honest most of it is just junk at this point and we're eager to be rid of it.

nai_ryoku
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya. Mine's a total mess too. I've been so tired lately, it's hard but I'm gonna get there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)