Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy after Miscarriage

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone! So, in May my husband and I had been trying to have another baby (we have a two-year-old), when we found out I was pregnant we were extremely excited, but then devistated to learn a few weeks later that I was having a miscarriage. It was considered a chemical pregnancy because there was never anything seen on the untrasound, but I am very nervous to start trying again! At the same time, I had a hemmorhagic ovarian cyst burst and heartburn that caused esophagus erosion (possibly from stress). Currently I am feeling much better besides joint pain (could be from the weather) and am going to talk to a psychologist about my anxiety. Basically I am nervous because it is hard for me to get excited about anything and I was really excited about this baby. I want to have another one but am afraid that if I get excited about it then something bad is going to happen again. Any advice on staying emotionaly healthy or on how to deal with this anxiety? I want to make sure that I am not depressed when we try again so that I can be as emotionally stable as possible. Thanks everyone for listening!

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
twinmama2five
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

First of all, sorry for your loss.  I have had 2 miscarriages.  The first one was the hardest for me because it was my very first pregnancy and I was completely devasated.  My next pregnancy was healthy, but until I saw the heartbeat there were doubts.  So I say find a support group of moms who have had miscarriages who you can lean on when you start feeling stressed.  I know there's some kind of group on Cafemom for that.  Since you've had a miscarriage before your doctor will probably do bloodwork that will show how your pregnancy is progressing and that should be reassuring until they can do a ultrasound.  Good luck, and take care of yourself!  Oh and don't let a miscarriage discourage you, I have 5 kids now. :)

lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

there is a support group on cafemom for mothers who suffered miscarriages.

awright1985
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and was very nervous when i got pregnant again. It was very hard to believe until I heard the heartbeat. I have anxiety really bad so with all three of my pregnancys after mc i was very nervous and didn't tell anyone for a while just to make sure the pregnancy was going to last

staci1103
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Sorry for ur loss:( My 2nd pregnancy was a stillborn then I got pregnant and had a healthy boy. Had another healthy boy then a miscarriage and now Im pregnant again with number 4. So far so good. Gl
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)