Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Dr gave me pills that scare me

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:04 AM
  • 27 Replies
So I told my dr my back has been hurtin bad. He gives me neurontin 300mg 1 daily then after 3 day2 daily thwn after another 3 days 3 daily.
Well thata fine and dandy till I pick them up. Every warning label none to man about depression and sucide is on it. I've had a run in with meds and depression from them. He KNOWS that or spose to.
So I took the first one tonight because I'm in raging pain. I'm used to pain (I have fibro) but this ia isnane pain. And I can't justify going to the er. I just saw the dr monday for this.

I just wantes to know if I ahould be as worried as the warning papers said. I dont want to be depressed again.
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Bump
wickedstepjenn
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Thank you..I gotta put the phone down. I noticed my typing is worse. I think it makes me sleepy.

Quoting diaperstodating:

Bump

momma0ffive
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Is neuronTin a narcotic? Everyone respond differently but if you have mental health issues like suppression you're more prone to having serious issues. If you're scared I wouldn't do it .... Or see id doctor can lower the dose. You also have to worry about addiction.
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:36 AM

i have taken neurontin before and it didnt agree with me. it made me sort of dizzy and off balance. but i know people who take it or who have taken it and it has worked good for them. all medicine comes with a list of warnings. i would take it and see if it helps you.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:29 AM

i took neurontin for a long time.  i don't know if it contributed to my depression or not.  it was great for preventing migraines and helped my neck pain.  it went away

whosman
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Please, Please throw out the Neurontin!! I was on for about 3 months for back pain!! It made me crazy, gain weight and mess with my memory.!! It's an awful drug! I would rather be in pain than deal with the side effects of it!! Wendy

wickedstepjenn
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Well I'm on day 1 I'm ve ry tired and a bit dizzy. My dr is very aware of my senstivity to meds. Also how I reponded to cymbalta and abliefy. I actually ended up in the mental hospital. I did take depecote for a yr gained crazy weight. I told my dh and my bff that lives next door thw first sign I'm nutty take it and throw it away.

I'm desprite for pain releif I'm in SO much pain. If the kids weren't home I'd be screaming and crying because of it. I'm seeing the dr again monday to see how this mess of meds are working. He gave me baclifin (sp). None of this junk is workin so far.
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I sure from bipolar II  and I take Lora tabfor my back pain. I have had great success with it and it doesn't seem to mess with my mental state too bad. But everyone is different.

wickedstepjenn
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I take norco 10/325 basicly vicodin 2s twice a day. I used to take 3 day but this is a new dr and he thinks I shouldn't take it at all. I was ok on 3 still had aome pain but nothing like this. And now it seems to be worse. I'm getting a scan soon I think things are gotten worse in my back.
pamk5641
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I wouldn't take it if you are uncomfortable with the warninngs and possible side effects,  Simplty just tell him that you need to stop and try something else. 

Good luck to you.  Not a fun thing to have to go through. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN