Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

a bit overwhelmed

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 4 Replies

For the past three years we had been living in my grandmothers house and had to deal with all of her insanity with her telling me people were going to call cps on us cause the yard was dirty or the house unclean. Recently she and her husband kicked us out of the house for no reason and so now my husband, our three kids and I had to move in with my parents. We now live in a two bedroom double wide out in the country and we are trying to buy a house. No word on the house and we are supposed to close on the 15th. Anyways my depression meds were making me even more depressed so I stopped taking them and I am in a bad mood all the time. When my husband and i first got married we were buying a house from my aunt and instead of making the payments she used the money we were giving her to pay her bills so we lost that house and moved in with my brother for about three months until they up and left the house and quit making payments and we had to move into my grandmothers house. Family is just very unreliable for me and I am very upset all the time. I take it out on my kids sometimes and that makes it even worse. I'm just at a point where I don't know what to do anymore and I'm very overwhelmed. I need to get out and find a job but i just can't make myself get up and go. I have no desire to do anything ever and my mom is always yelling at me because the kids make a big mess and I don't clean it up. Now that we are living with my parents its even harder cause the kids don't listen and act out because they know they can get away with it since my mom says i am to mean to the kids and she babies them. I need to get back in therapy but i have no desire to go tallk to someone about things that i don't even understand.

just venting i guess

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM

you need to try different meds to see if they will work for you and i would stop living with any of my relatives. i would get an income based apt before i would live with family. is there a problem with you getting something like that? is your dh working? you could live there just until you save up enough money for a house.

muzzyh
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I'm sorry about your situation. What's the story on the house you're supposed to get on the 15th?
lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:33 AM

fingers crossedi hope you get your house on the 15th.  did you give your meds enough time to kick in?  4-6 weeks?  otherwise i agree with lyric about getting new meds.  a good therapist will help you pinpoint ares in which you need help.  he or she can help you put into words the problems in areas that you you need to discuss.  good luck on getting the house.  maybe call your lawyer or real estate agency and find out what's going on with the  holdup on the house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:23 PM

i agree with the others meds etc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)