Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, depression old pseudo friend. How you haven't been missed.

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 11 Replies
I was diagnosed with MDD at a very young age. For years now, it's been in remission. Lately it's been coming back. I've been depressed for months now and haven't quite been able to put my finger on why. Maybe it's because of my infertility? Maybe it's from stress? I've been losing a lot of weight lately. I thought that this would help my self-esteem but it hasn't. I try to make myself look better but it just doesn't help. I'm having trouble sleeping. I'm crying more often and it takes a lot to make me cry. I barely even eat anymore. I'm not sure if my husband has noticed or not. I've told him how I've been feeling and asked him to help me through it. He hasn't been. I told him that my depression has nothing to do with him--it's all me--but it is coming back hard. It's taking a toll on my marriage and my life. I think my husband has picked up on it and he's taking it to heart. Now he's acting strange...I even think he might be cheating on me. I haven't felt this bad about myself since I was 15. Back then, I was suicidal, an alcoholic, and an drug addict. Last week, my husband started dumping all the alcohol in the house and I flipped out and took the entire bottle of vodka and held onto it for dear life. I also found myself almost asking for pills to calm my nerves. This scared me. I don't want to be like that again. I have no insurance and can't afford to go to counseling. I just don't know what to do.
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Thre are support groups that are free. check out the nami.org website or call 211 and ask about depression support groups. And we are always here too.

Have you tried to do things to distract yourself from depression? Like exercise, a hobby you used to enjoy anything like that?

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:28 PM

call 211 in your area and see what they offer for mental health services. sometime you can get a free or reduced rate. you can also get on meds if you talk to your dr you get about the four dollar program at walmart.

HeadKrobe8789
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Yes, I have tried the distraction method.  For some reason, this only exaserbates it for me.  I'll check out those resources and see what I can do.  Thank you. 

Quoting matreshka:

Thre are support groups that are free. check out the nami.org website or call 211 and ask about depression support groups. And we are always here too.

Have you tried to do things to distract yourself from depression? Like exercise, a hobby you used to enjoy anything like that?

HeadKrobe8789
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I'll have to try that.  Thank you. 

Quoting lyrick24:

call 211 in your area and see what they offer for mental health services. sometime you can get a free or reduced rate. you can also get on meds if you talk to your dr you get about the four dollar program at walmart.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM

*hugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Just know u aren't alone. I'm anxious, depressed, and I worry myself sick over stuff and I have battled this since I was a kid.It is very frustrating when u don't have money to go back and forth to drs.and meds cost a lot.Not to mention its hard to get help from the state/govt because if u earn a dollar more than what they allow then u don't qualify. I see a therapist and take Zoloft but I still suffer from severe anxiety. I want to learn how to fix these feelings on my own. I don't know what to do either.I hate feeling this way and I'm wondering if my birth control I recently started is making me cry all the time and I feel sad. Any ideas for me??
ashleighmama
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM
I wanted to respond and ask you what new birth control are you on? Pills, shot, IUD? I ask because any BC with hormones CAN mess with you mentally, the pill made me very moody and bitchy, but I have a Mirena IUD now that I love.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just know u aren't alone. I'm anxious, depressed, and I worry myself sick over stuff and I have battled this since I was a kid.It is very frustrating when u don't have money to go back and forth to drs.and meds cost a lot.Not to mention its hard to get help from the state/govt because if u earn a dollar more than what they allow then u don't qualify. I see a therapist and take Zoloft but I still suffer from severe anxiety. I want to learn how to fix these feelings on my own. I don't know what to do either.I hate feeling this way and I'm wondering if my birth control I recently started is making me cry all the time and I feel sad. Any ideas for me??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Thanks for responding....I was given the depo-provera shot for the very first time. The doc chose that one for me because I get migraines and the shot is supposed to be safe for me.But I feel as though I am a nervous wreck and its weird how emotional I am. Don't usually cry or feel sad so easily. So I don't know what is wrong with me!
nai_ryoku
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM

What about going to an income based dr's office? I know my general practitioner could prescribe anti anxiety meds for me but I had to be sent to a psychiatrist when a therapist discovered I had bipolar disorder. Maybe you could at least get those kind of meds to help you.

hugs

FaithIHave
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Does depression have to be triggered by something? Or can it just rear its ugly head for any reason?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)