Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anxiety is thru the roof

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

i'm freaking out. good and bad.

i have been looking for a job. so i emailed my resume to this medical clinic. the doctor himself called me back about 30 minutes later. we talked for about 20 and ended up setting up an interview for tomorrow. heres the problem. he personally knows my ex boss. who i quit on in feb. i did a no show. so if he does a reference check on me i dont know what she will say because she is the type of person to bad mouth people. so i REALLY need to sell myself tomorrow.

but, whatever comes up during the interview i will just be honest and tell him the truth of the situation. not bad mouth my boss but just say how it really went.

back story: the reason i quit is because my boss is ready to retire and she was treating her employees and the patients unfairly and i didnt want to work in that kind of environment. also, i was going thru it with my depression and i kept having my meds changed. i am stable now but i was on a medication that made me like a zombie and i couldnt really function well. also, there was a lot of office politics.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wadesgirl119
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I understand your reasons for quitting completely and think that honesty is always the best policy. If you are lucky enough to find a good job with a person that is willing to make decisions based on you the person and not what others say then this will be a good job. I wish you all the best in your interview tomorrow!

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM

just tell the truth. 

boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM

she's not allowed to tell them why you were fired, she can only answer whether or not she would rehire you. as for the rest, you can be honest that you were going through something, you dealt with it and now you're ready to work. they may still give you a shot

bahamamama61
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Good Luck:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM

i think you have very good ideas for dealing with the situation.  honesty is the best.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM

good luck!

iluvmybabe
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Thanks all. The interview went pretty good :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)