• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you talk or text when driving

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I don't do either. One I would have to dig for my phone but also I think it is ilegal here even though I see the cops talking on there cell phones all the time.

My voice message if someone calls says this " I am either driving or shopping I will call you back as soon as I get done."

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redi4change
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I have answered my phone while I was driving, but rarely. Only if it's really important will my husband or kids call me, they're the only ones who call me or who has my cell phone number. I have a cheapo, pay as you go, phone that I don't really use except for when I really need it. I still have a house phone that I use to make any calls if I need to. I never text driving or otherwise. I guess I'm pretty "old fashioned" compared to most of society now a days. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM

my truck has bluetooth built into it, so if I remember to turn it on my phone I will answer. If it's not on bluetooth I don't touch it.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I also wanted to add that they've made it illegal in WA state to drive and text. and you can only drive and talk if you have hands-free

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM
No. It's illegal in my state. I don't like driving, and I am not a person who has the phone glued to me meaning I don't always answer the phone... if I am busy I call or text you back when I can. I say all this to say I wouldn't be the person to text or talk and drive. Maybe if I was always on the phone, liked driving, or it wasn't illegal to do it, my answer might be different.
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM

i dont do either one. it messes with my concentration.

matreshka
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Occasionally I will talk. I never text.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I'm not coordinated enough to do either one.

lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM

never.  that's a good message you have on your voice mail.  i shut my phone off when i'm driving.

nai_ryoku
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I talk on my phone if I need to but not a casual conversation. It's not illegal in my state except for school zones.

Izsarejman
by Kim on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:59 AM

My dad was killed by a 16 year old who was texting and driving and ran a red light, hitting him. I won't even talk on my phone. I hate seeing it and I hate being near cars that are veering into my lane or off the road because they are distracted. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)