Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can We Share Our Daily Struggle With Mental Illiness

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM
  • 9 Replies

If you would like to, please share with me and with anyone else interested, what is your life and daily struggle like dealing with mental illness?

i struggle daily with anxiety and panic attacks. Most days I feel very overwhelmed. I don't know if my life will ever be any different.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I struggle with anxiety every day as well. I need to stop dwelling on the what-ifs because it's ruining my life. It makes my days at work really hard.

housediva82
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I also struggle with anxsiety really bad constantly worrying and what ifs. Also Depression is horrible.  Plus Im prego so cant take any meds.  Its hard for me to get by day to day  HUGS TO YA

lexiloo714
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I struggle with anxiety every day. I'm so lonely being home by myself with the baby and dog all day but I'm too anxious to call or reach out to anyone. . I'm really considering going back to see a psychiatrist to get back on some medication. I'm just so anxious about making a phone call to set up an appointment.
kittycat813
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I strugglewith anxiety and bi-polar depression every day plus ptsd issues. I have been having a hard time with it lately and it scares me my bi-polar isn't in check.

thanks,

Kristy

God Bless You

matreshka
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I struggle with bipolar disorder and ptsd. My anxiety has gotten better with the right meds and I haven't had a manic episode since this winter whisch is good. Right now I struggle with nightmares and intnese depression. I have little energy for anything and its hard for me to put on a happy face for my family.  The meds make me feel dumbed down as well.

Anita1981
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I struggle with anxiety daily, and some mild depression.  I have good and bad days.  My one-year-old has started this phase of wanting anyone else but me, and it's really been getting to me!  It's like my mood for the day is completely determined by whether or not my son acts happy to see me.  It's hard to cope with it, and really hard to remember that it's probably just a phase.....

LOVEBUG219
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Hi. Think thats a great idea. I too sometimes feel overwhelmed and have panic attacks---just nervous sometimes. I have my good days and bad ones--after paying attention to myself I can sorta plan what my day is going to be like. I try to help myself by reading things on my moods or feelings and I see my doc on a regular. I have a good support system--my husband and that sooo helps and I have a really good friend that I can share some things with. My life at this point is only as good as I let it be or what I strive for it to be. Hope that helps. In box me sometime! 

redi4change
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I never seem to get a break from my anxiety. I usually have to take a sleeping pill to fall asleep at night and when I get up in the morning, I open my eyes and I feel panicked. I start thinking negative thoughts and that gets my panic started. I almost wish I could sleep my life away because when I'm sleeping, I'm not worried about anxiety or having panic attacks. I try so hard to get through them. All day I'm just waiting for my panic to strike. There was a time when I was so terrified to be left alone that my husband almost lost his job because of me. I was so scared that I would die or something bad was going to happen to me and I would cry and panic for him to stay with me. At one point he had to take a leave of absence from his job to stay with me. I don't like to be alone, but when there are people with me, I constantly try to hide my anxiety from those around me. I am afraid to let people know I am having a panic attack. I will pace around or go in the bathroom and cry. I'll go on the computer and read. I try to do whatever i can to get the negative thoughts out of my head that are causimg me to panic. I try so hard to hide it from my husband and kids. If they only knew how tortured i feel inside most of the time. I wish I could go back to the days when I didn't know what a panic attack was or when having one never crossed my mind. I felt so free then. I used to go anywhere and everywhere. I never realized how happy I was until panic took over my life. I have been suffering with anxiety, panic attacks, depression, and agoraphobia now for almost 15 years. This is a way of life for me and i don't know how to be normal. Living this way is debilitating. I hate being like this.

nai_ryoku
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:00 AM

I guess I live each day w/ the knowledge that I COULD have an anxiety attack. I don't ever expect to get completely well but as long as my meds give me the ability to bounce back, then I'm good :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)