• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In a really bad place & ready to be honest with my dr but what happens next?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I've been feeling really suicidal lately. I have an appointment with my dr tomorrow. I haven't been really honest with her but I'm ready to be completely open and tell her everything. I guess my guess question is what happens after I go in there and tell her everything and that I'm having suicidal thoughts? I know she will change my meds but will she try to put me in the hospital? I can't afford any more bills. I don't really know what I'm asking. I'm just in a really bad place right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:22 PM

well she will probably ask you if you would act on those suicidal thoughts. mine have asked me that before and i knew i wouldnt so i didnt have to be hospitalized. she just changed my medicine and kept a close eye on me. however, if you are suicidal and think you will act on it then you need to be in the hospital. no amount of money is worth your life even if you have to pay five dollars a month on a hospital bill.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM

((HUGS)) hun,if you cannot contract w/your Dr that u will not harm yourself,you should go into the hospital.  The bills will work themselves out.  You will get a lot of great help and med changes.  GL

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I don't think that she would immediatly hospitalize you, she would probably try to find out what's making you feel that way and like you said change your meds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I feel like such a liability to my husband. I have caused so much damage with our finances. Some how I don't even remember how or why but I didn't pay some really important bills and now he owes a whole lot of money on top of a lot of money owed to the IRS which is mostly my fault partly his cause I kept telling him we needed an accountant and he wouldn't listen, and thousands of dollars of medical bills from my last hospital stay.
I fucking hate living. I forget everything. I hate doing anything. It all seems so over whelming even the smallest things. I don't want to be a mom, I suck at it. I hate going any where so my kids suffer cause of it. I suck at being a wife. I've done nothing but make my family suffer. I have ruined everything I have ever wanted I didn't even realize I was do it
dizzy77702
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM
First off, you are not a liability. I've felt that way before and it's just the depression talking. You need help, that's all. If you feel you are in danger of acting on your suicidal thoughts then I agree with the other posters, you need to check yourself into a hospital. I know it's hard bc of finances but your life is worth so much more than a hospital bill. Please be honest with your doctor and seek help. If you need someone to talk to who's been there please pm me. Take care of yourself so that you can be there for those who love you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel like such a liability to my husband. I have caused so much damage with our finances. Some how I don't even remember how or why but I didn't pay some really important bills and now he owes a whole lot of money on top of a lot of money owed to the IRS which is mostly my fault partly his cause I kept telling him we needed an accountant and he wouldn't listen, and thousands of dollars of medical bills from my last hospital stay.

I fucking hate living. I forget everything. I hate doing anything. It all seems so over whelming even the smallest things. I don't want to be a mom, I suck at it. I hate going any where so my kids suffer cause of it. I suck at being a wife. I've done nothing but make my family suffer. I have ruined everything I have ever wanted I didn't even realize I was do it

lucy164
by Peggy on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:20 AM

your md will probably ask you if you have a plan for how you would commit suicide.  if you do not, she may suggest hospitalization but not insist on it.  she'll probably work more with you and your meds.   suicidal  thoughts are pretty common with depression.

lancet98
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Most likely will change your medication.   The trend these days in most states, is to not send people to the hospital.   So I wouldn't worry about it.

Please - always be honest with your doctor.    They just really do not send people to the hospital that much these days so that is not a good reason to keep things from the doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I can never get in to talk to her when I'm ready to talk, even one day can make a difference. Today my depression isn't as bad I'm starting to feel like I might be going into a manic phase. But they don't usually last long with the meds I'm on. I'm starting to have douts about going in. I don't know why I'm so scared to tell her how I'm feeling. Part of it might be cause I've been trying to work up the courage to ask for help for my eating disorder too. Idk. I don't want to go to my appt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I went to my appointment. She added a new med and I'm starting therapy
redi4change
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I think if you told her that you felt suicidal, she may want to put you in the hospital for treatment. I'm thinking that the medication can only help so much and you may need further, extensive treatment and therapy. Don't be scared. I have felt that way too and I have tried to fight the thoughts. I can't tell you in words how bad I'm feeling right now too so I sympathize with you and pray that you will get the help you truly need and deserve.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)