Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I Need Anxiety/Panic Support Friends

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 13 Replies

I'm having a really rough time right now as some of you may know. I suffer daily with really bad anxiety and panic attacks. My anxiety and panic got so bad, I developed agoraphobia. I was on Prozac for many years and went off of it because it wasn't helping me anymore. My anxiety and panic returned. My psychiatrist put me on 3 other meds but they made me feel worse and I had terrible side affects from them. I have not been on any medication for 4 months now. My doctor would like for me to try going back on Prozac again. I filled my prescription with the name brand version of Prozac this time hoping that the name brand will work for me since I was on the generic prior. The medication is sitting there and I am so confused about starting Prozac again. I do not see my doctor again until Sept. My dr. Tells me that i'm pretty much at the end of help with ssri's-boy, that makes me feel better! maybe I should see another dr. Before going back on the Prozac, what do you,think? I  was taking up to 4 prozac pills a day @ 20mg each.The bottle says I should take 4 per day, but shouldn't I gradually work up to 4?  Does anyone know what I should do? Should I take only 1 pill and see how I feel? I forgot how long to wait until I add more pills to the one(s) I'm taking? 

I'm just not feeling right at all. Last night was really bad for me. I woke up at 3a.m. In a panic. I started pacing the floors. I knew my husband had to get up at 5am and I didn't want to wake him up, but I couldn't help it. I needed someone to talk to. I am so scared of the thoughts I keep having that something bad is going to happen to me, ie., that I'm going to go insane, lose my mind, and I just cry and cry. 

If anyone else is dealing with debilitating anxiety and panic attacks and could use a friend to talk to, please msg. Me. Maybe we could talk and help each other through this together. I could really use some support.

Thanks for reading.

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seaturtle1
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I am so sorry you have to go through this. I to suffer with panic attacks it is not fun. We have not found a med that works for me yet. I go to a natural doctor and nothing even natural is working. It really stinks. I have panic because of an incurable virus I have. It is one of the symptoms. Hang in there I will pray for you today.
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you asked your doctor about benzodiazipines for the panic and anxiety?  Prozac is very energizing and being on that alone can cause your symptoms to be worse. Have you thought about getting a second opinion from another doc?

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*

I might try to find a new doctor. Panic/anxiety do the same thing to me ~ I feel like I'm going crazy, like I'm out of control, usually I feel really sick to my stomach. . . What really helps me is a fan blowing in my face. If I can breathe in some fresh air it helps me a lot.

jennibun86
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I'm on Celexa for my anxiety, and ned something stronger. I know how you feel. i'd try a new doctor's opinion.

redi4change
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Thank you for your support. Today was pretty bad. My anxiety and panic attacks are getting worse. I couldn't do it anymore without medication so I called my doctor today and went back on Prozac. This will be my second time around with trying Prozac so please pray for me that I will feel some relief soon. 

Quoting seaturtle1:

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I to suffer with panic attacks it is not fun. We have not found a med that works for me yet. I go to a natural doctor and nothing even natural is working. It really stinks. I have panic because of an incurable virus I have. It is one of the symptoms. Hang in there I will pray for you today.

redi4change
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Quoting seaturtle1:

I'd really like to hear about what you're going through and how you cope on a daily basis. Do you have help and support? How long have you been dealing with panic attacks? Do you also suffer with any depression or agoraphobia?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I'm restarting on Prozac too, hope it starts helping us both soon ! I do also use Ativan to help the anxiety. 

happydays62
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Have you try asking your dr. to put you on another  type of anti -depression and anxiety /panic  medine it may take other medicne to help you with your illness. For me it took 2,or 3 different kinds of meds. to help with my anxeity /panic disorder. When  my body gets to use to the meds. they try to put me on different ones.  I have been this for alot of years now.  

seaturtle1
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM

i will be praying for you all I can. I will pm you my story when I get a moment.
Quoting redi4change:

Quoting seaturtle1:

I'd really like to hear about what you're going through and how you cope on a daily basis. Do you have help and support? How long have you been dealing with panic attacks? Do you also suffer with any depression or agoraphobia?

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I used to have bad anxiety. I was on abilify for awhile and that helped me. I was able to get out of the house and go to Walmart. Which doesn't seem like a big deal but I hate Walmart bc of all the people. Once I had been on abilify for awhile things got better to the point where I didn't need it anymore. I am on geodon now and that is all I take and things feel so much better. I usually have to change Meds frequently bc they stop working after awhile. Hopefully geodon works for a long time. Knock on wood. If you need to talk message me. I am a good listener.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)