Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OCD giving me an asthma attack

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I have OCD in the form of thoughts.

Tonights thoughts are so severe I'm wheezing and having to repeatedly use my inhaler. My body is completely drained from stressing over this thought so bad. (I can not talk about the thought) I wish it would stop!!! It's adding more thoughts!!! And dh works graveyards.

Anyone else have severe obsessive compulsive thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:52 AM

i dont have them but are you on something for your ocd?

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM

yikes! I hope you were able to get it under control!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Yes, cymbalta

I finally just talked myself down. Told myself that the fear/thought was pointless to keep thinking about. That if it happens, it happens and 100% there's nothing I can do to prevent it. I checked on the issue one more time then laid down and concentrated on taking deep breaths. Next thing I know, dh is getting in bed and its 6am.

Then I woke up in a spectacular mood!!! This is the first time ever I was able to talk myself down!!! I've been working on it with my psychologist :)

Quoting lyrick24:

i dont have them but are you on something for your ocd?

redi4change
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Yes, I think myself into having panic attacks and don't know how to stop doing this. I get so scared and feel like i'm going to go nuts or i'm going to get possessed or something. I have been diagnosed with panic disorder. I'm currently back on Prozac, hoping it will help me because I was on it for years and it helped me so much until it stopped working for me. My doctor's trying again. If it doesn't work for me this time, I'm going to go see another psychiatrist. I know how you feel about wheezing and having an asthma attack and I can definitely see how that can be terrifying for you. When I get a panic attack, which is several times a day, I feel like I'm suffocating and my heart starts racing and I feel like I can't breath, it's terrifying!!! I have also felt like it was hard for me to swallow and I thought I would choke. I can't go to restaurants or each in public because I fear that I will choke. I have a lot of issues. Anxiety and panic attacks have consumed my life for almost 15 LONG years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)