Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

In a rutt

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 5 Replies

My husband has been away all weekend. I knew he had things todo for bowling and work. He told me weeks in advance, but I cant help but feel so alone. Yesterday I spent the day with my mom and SIL...had fun but I knew I was missing him. Today my parents are taking our son to see the movie Planes. Not sure how well that'll go since our son is 14 months old but they are really into this grandparents thing so whatever LOL. Hubby is in Harrisburg (about 5 miles away from where we live) bowling in a tournament. He offered me to go but I really hate going and just sitting, it drives me crazy.

I feel the need to get out of the apartment but...where would I go? I hate going places by myself, I dont want to just drive aimlessly around either.

I have laundry to do but it is a pain to carry everything myself into the laundry mat.

It is really hard for me to pull myself out when I am in deep :/ stupid bi-polar

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM

i know how you feel. i get in those all the time and i am bipolar also. my husband fishes tournaments and is gone all morning and all day sometimes. i need to pick up a hobby to keep me busy while he is out but im just not interested in anything. i think that is the bipolar also.

zboys
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I get that way too even though I don't have bi-polar.  I get like, "What to do?  What to do?  What to do?"  So then I write in my journal.  By that time I have picked something that I can do next to get me moving again.

kawjcl6
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I know the feeling.  My husband is in the oilfield and has been gone for 3 weeks and we still have another 10 days before he gets home.  I am also bipolar and its really hard to coupe most of the time.  My kids help me out a lot and always make me laugh and smile.  It just gets really hard at night when I'm lone in our room.  I just keep thinking positive and look forward to him coming home.  Keep ur head up.  Things do get better.  Just always look at The positive/ happy things in life.  :). 

bahamamama61
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Find a hobby that you like:) Or go for a nice walk, around town:) Do some exercises:) Plant a small garden:) Or visit a friend:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nai_ryoku
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Find something small for yourself. Go buy a pretty color of nail polish and give yourself a manicure or get something for your face and do a facial. It doesn't have to be major, just a little something can do wonders. And FYI: My daughter was 14 mos. old when she went to see the 1st Happy Feet Movie and danced her way through it so don't underestimate your son enjoying Planes :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)