Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I've seen better....

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:59 AM
  • 11 Replies
Hi I'm new here! Im a mom(1daughter) and a wife(1husband lol) I started experiencing stress and depression a few years ago after I learned my daughter had autism and not too long after I was diagnosed with endometriosis and then later on fibromyalgia! These things took a toll on me mentally and physically ! Over the past years things had started to get better , and I HAD friends that helped me cope and relieve stress... Now I'm currently dealing with these issues again and don't really have anyone and often I feel alone! I try talking to my mom but she is impossible to deal with allot of times and everyone else i dont feel like i can confide in them(run and tell all your business) I don't really say anything because I don't want to feel weak and hopeless! I have good days and bad days! I just want happiness ALL the time!
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LynnGelpke5
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning and welcome! My name is Lynn and I'm a mom of 5, most of my kids are older. My oldest is 22 and my youngest is 11. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia back in 1997 after I went through 8 terrible months of undiagnosed lymes disease, once finally diagnosed the damage was already done. The pain of fibromyalgia is depressing itself but when you have added stress it is so much worse. You are never alone and please do not feel like you are weak, you are very strong to have come this far. Looking and asking for help makes you a strong person and I know the woman here will help you as they have for so many. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day! Remember to stay positive today. Thoughts and prayers are with you my friend...Lynn

biznessmommy1
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Reading your post really made me smile 😃 !!!! Thanks for the kind words and care , I really appreciate it! You can understand where I'm coming from on the fibro side of things lol!!! I literally used to go to the doctors office and get pamphlets and printouts and give them to family and friends so they can understand what I'm going through! (I don't always display when I'm hurt , in pain and things like I'm good act masking emotions unless its really severe smh) it's only because I've lived a tough life so I had to be tough in order to survive! I will always remain strong and I thank you for your kind words and care !

I hope you have a fantastic day!

-Mel
leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the group! feel free to talk to us in here anytime!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. I have fibro and bipolar disorder. In my life with the exception of my husband people just don't get it. Becuase I don't look physically sick they think its a bunch of bs. My bipolar swings are very real and some people just think I should have the willpower to control it all so I only really have my husband who has his limits with me and this group here.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

is your husband supportive? could you possibly join a support group in your area? you can always vent in here. we are here to support you. do you take meds for your condition. i know it must be hard on you.i hope you can find someone to confide in. sometimes all it takes is one good friend. i wish you the best.

oscarsmom70
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!!

myhodge
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome and wish you all the best.
elwalters77
by Erica on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome. We're always here to listen.
biznessmommy1
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Yes he is supportive but I don't like to burden him (especially when he already has so much to deal with) I hate seeing my husband over stressed out . I want to be his stress reliever not add to it! and yes I came here for a support group! People with things in common with me, know what I'm going through, and can help each other !

I'm currently not taking any meds( that shit makes me sick lol)

Quoting lyrick24:

is your husband supportive? could you possibly join a support group in your area? you can always vent in here. we are here to support you. do you take meds for your condition. i know it must be hard on you.i hope you can find someone to confide in. sometimes all it takes is one good friend. i wish you the best.

captainjack
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I had severe depression 5 yrs ago went to the hospital for 8 days and went for 9 months of therapy got off all my meds.  Now Five years later I have fibromyalgia and went through a bad depression for about 3 months my dd is 14 and my ds is 18 just graduated and a wonderful husband.  I went to the dr and talked to him and he put me on cymbalta and now I am feeling so much better not crying not sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)