Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Feeling left out and hurt

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
  • 9 Replies
I was out with 2 friends and it came up in conversation that they were both in another friend's wedding. This person was my very best friend for many years. I did so much for her. She was even my Maid of Honor in my own wedding. I always went out of my way to do nice things for her out of love. I'm very hurt to find that they were both chosen to be in her wedding but I wasn't. I'm also hurt to find out that she calls both of them often but rarely contacts me. I found out about her engagement on Facebook and only know the date of the wedding through the announcement in the paper. We never had an argument or anything. All that happened is I became a mom and moved a whole 20 minutes away. The other girls are moms now too and one moved almost as far away. The girl getting married moved 5 hours away to NYC, but comes home often. They all went dress shopping recently and I didn't even know she had been home. I know she has a large family and lots of friends so I didn't think much of not being asked, but to find out 2 of the 4 of us friends (the 3rd being the bride) is in it and I'm the only one not really hurts. I'd even be ok if just one of us has been chosen, but to be the only one of our close group not chosen just sucks. WTF?! I wonder if I'll even be invited to the wedding since she has so many friends? It's really upsetting me. :(
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
zoo3877
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

My childhood friend and I had planned since we were little girls that we would be each others maid-of-honor. She got married right our of high school and I was hers. Then we drifted while I lived the single life & traveled for my job. 15 years later, I asked my then best friend to be my maid-of-honor. I made a special phone call to her after 15 years to ask her if she understood. Stupid me. Of course she was hurt but she was very gracious. Funny, as my life aligned with hers, kids, husbands, etc. we became close again & I regreted my decision. However, I did make her my son's godmother, and include her in family functions now. We are best friends again. She is such a lovely soul. My point is....you two may have a closeness again one day.  That is why I believe it would be a good idea to send a card with a personal note telling her you've learned of her engagement and are so happy for her. And, please let you know if there is anything she needs during her busy time.  No drama. No mention of hurt. Be gracious. Just let her know you still think of her & are happy for her.  See what happens. If nothing, then just see what time will do. 

elwalters77
by Erica on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM
At least you called.

Quoting zoo3877:

My childhood friend and I had planned since we were little girls that we would be each others maid-of-honor. She got married right our of high school and I was hers. Then we drifted while I lived the single life & traveled for my job. 15 years later, I asked my then best friend to be my maid-of-honor. I made a special phone call to her after 15 years to ask her if she understood. Stupid me. Of course she was hurt but she was very gracious. Funny, as my life aligned with hers, kids, husbands, etc. we became close again & I regreted my decision. However, I did make her my son's godmother, and include her in family functions now. We are best friends again. She is such a lovely soul. My point is....you two may have a closeness again one day.  That is why I believe it would be a good idea to send a card with a personal note telling her you've learned of her engagement and are so happy for her. And, please let you know if there is anything she needs during her busy time.  No drama. No mention of hurt. Be gracious. Just let her know you still think of her & are happy for her.  See what happens. If nothing, then just see what time will do. 

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I'm sorry (((hugs)))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM

((HUGS))  I'm so sorry too.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Stuff like that has happened to me.  It's very hurtful.  Sorry - hugs.

rhodaj
by rho on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I'm sorry

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:25 PM

im sorry she done that to you. i know it doesnt feel so good. 

happymama96
by Sarah on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I am so sorry that happened to you.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 24, 2013 at 5:56 PM

oh man, I'm sorry :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)