Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

New here...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Hi everyone,hope everyone's feeling better then me lately,cause I feel like I'm losing it most days,been married 20+ yrs anxiety and depression run in my family,but I was always the "rational one"until recently idk what set it,off.i used to have a job but lately can barely force myself out of bed.moneys tight cause Im Not working, I don't think my husband gets the severity of my sudden anxiety.i miss or cancel drs appts simply bc I can't talk Myself into going.i feel like I have tons of physical issues as well.chronic migraines,IBS,to name a few. I feel like a waste of space and like I let my daughter down by not being the mom she deserves.summer was awful ,we did nothing .ive tried diff ssris in the past but I seem to be very subjective to side effects and freak myself out with each one I try.

anyway thanks for reading.frustrated

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Hi mama, I'm sorry you feel this way. I kinda understand however, I'm 41, and I've been on all sots of meds, with minimal help. I have 2 kids,ages 14 and 9,. and I too, feel guilty because we barely did anything all summer. I know thee are different meds out there, maybe try another one? Hugs :)

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM

*hugs*

welcome to the group!

I feel awful that I didn't do anything with my daughter too! She's 13, and I gave the excuse that I had to work (which I did) but at the same time I don't think I even know how to have fun anymore. 

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:35 AM

i know exactly what you mean about missing drs appts because you dont want to go out. i missed my last two. but yesterday i forced myself to get out and go to the ball game and i felt better.the game wasnt all that exciting for me but the atmosphere was good and it calmed my nerves and i didnt have to sit at home and cry. it had been weeks since i went out of the house. i have chronic health problems also and i have to work around those. try to force yourself to get out and do something small.

zboys
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Welcome to the group.  My summer was trying, to say the least.  I hope you find some comfort in being a part of the group.

captainjack
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I know how you feel.  I was good for 5 years and had to go back on anti depressants I didn't get out of bed anymore just to go to work that is it.  Hang in there go see your dr he can help you.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Thanks everyone, it really is awful. I can't even get in to see a psych til,October!! I swear I have fibromyalgia,but not diagnosed .i feel like one day of,doing ANYTHING, even simple things or things thatnusedto be simple like food shopping,and I need 3 days to," recover" from the exhaustion .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 31, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I'm definitely trying see my dr 1st time in October,I just need to feel better, 😢simple frown

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:12 PM

((HUGS)) and welcome,mama.  Depression and anxiety

are exhausting.  I know.  You have joined a good group here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN