Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today I FINALLY got out of my fog!!!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM
  • 2 Replies

About three weeks ago, I moved out of my home with my EX and his daughter and back home with my parents.  Not totally by choice, but rather could not live that way anymore.  To make a long story short, it has been an on again off again relationship for four years. Today I have finally accepted that he was never the man I thought he was, or maybe the man I wanted him to be.  ALL the signs were there, I just didn't want to see them.  He is a selfish, unstable person.  By his own words he is a "bum".  I can't believe that he never saw a future with me, but that would have meant alot of change on his part.  He lives his life by the seat of his pants. Example: move repeatedly, no saving or thoughts of retirement or bettering himself.  I am the exact opposite, thinking of the future, saving etc. i am not in his head, the I think he sees these things and wants them, changes for a while but just can't follow through.  The sad part is he is now towing his problem teen daughter with him.  I guess maybe I thought I could save him, but I can't.  Today I have accepted the fact that all the love in the world would not make this relationship work.  I feel a great loss finally admitting this to myself, almost like a death in the family.  I start thinking about all the good times, but they are/were short lived and shadowed by a ton of painful memories. Even when I got away from him and started a new good life for myself, he would surface promises the world and I would believe everything, although we all know that history will repeat itself.  The last time, I met a wonderful man and left all he had to offer to return to this doomed man.  Well anyway, this might not be the right place to do this, but today I am going to say good bye James! Today I take my life and happiness back. 

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:09 AM

good for you! I know it's hard to accept, but every day will be easier, and you will see that you are happier and better off. hang in there!

lucy164
by Peggy on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Good for you for coming to the right decision about this bum.  do you think you could call the wonderful man and suggest getting back together?  if this is not possible it doesn't matter because now you happy with yourself and your life.  You go girl !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)